chapter 2

Camilas pov.

I followed her. I followed her back to a old abandoned house that looked to be consumed by fire at one point. I know if I walk In There right now she wouldn't let me take her some place where she and her son could stay warm. I'm not normally one to help people out. Actually if you asked anyone they would tell you that it's againts my family's better judgement. My father is a very high ranking Marine and my mother is one of the best doctors in new York. As for me I'm finishing school to become a trauma surgeon. A soft sob makes me look back at the old house and it's not coming from a child this is coming from the girl. I don't understand it but when I seen that little boy something told me that it was meant to happen, and when I seen his mother I knew why.

She's gorgeous. Not only that she has this over all protectiveness over her child so I know she wouldn't let her son get hurt like most of the other teen moms. Againts my better judgement i got in my car and drove to the closest store and went in and got some clothes for the two. I seen that the little boy was in a 4-T shirt so I grabbed a bunch of outfits for him. I didn't look at his shoe size so I couldn't get him anything like that. I then made my way over to the woman's section and I grabbed some shirts that looked to be a small. I know she's around the same size as me because the jacket fit her so perfectly. I walked over to the checkout two minutes before the store closed and racked up a bill of $235.36. I walked out of the store and out to my car. The cold air nipped at my nose and I shivered at the bitterness. The ice on the sidewalks and roads were long froze over while the trees had ice covering them so they looked as if they were covered in diamonds. I started the car and the temperature was only 4° with out the windshield. I drove to the closest restaurant that just so happened to be a McDonald's. I despise of the fast food but I need something to feed them. I ordered some food along with a hot chocolate and a chocolate milk.

I turned on the radio and I heard the weather advisory stating that all people and animals should take shelter because hypothermia can set in with in Minutes. I looked down at the clock and seen that I had left the two of them in the freezing cold for way to long. I would be lucky to get back in time to find them breathing but I pushed that thought out of my head and raced back to the abandoned house. I didn't bother shutting my car off or grabbing any of the bags. I raced into the house dodging the holes in the floor. I looked around the main level but they were nowhere to be seen. I carefully made my way up the stairs that were missing steps and seen the two almost covered in snow. I quickly stepped closer to them and seen that the small child was breathing but he was shaking. I picked him up and raced back down to my car and put him in the back seat and covered him up with the blanket I had back there. I noted that he had on quite a few layers including the jacket I had given the girl. I grabbed my phone knowing good and well I couldn't pick up the black headed girl.

I called the security guard by my house and gave him the address that I was at. I made my way back up the stairs and seen that the girl had no covers or jacket on. She was in a pair of jeans and a tank top. She tried to sacrifice all of her warmth for her son. She was still breathing but it was shallow. I looked at the dirty bed and sighed. I climbed into it and held the girl close to my body. My father always taught me that body worth was always the quickest way to get warm. Her body was freezing and I was worried that she was going to get very sick. After a long ten minutes my body heat was gone but there was nothing I could do for the poor girl. I heard a car pull up beside of the house and I looked over and seen big Rob getting out. I told him to come up the stairs and he helped me get the girl to my car where the heat was. I looked in the back seat and seen the small boy still sleeping but he now had color in his face. His mother on the other hand was very pale and cold. Big Rob and I quickly drove to my house as the snow continued to Pound down on us. As we pulled into the drive way I slammed my car into park and I grabbed Eathen from the back seat.