chapter 24

Laurens  pov.

Two  weeks later.

"Lauren Jauregui." The nurse called and I grabbed Camilas hand and we stood up and walked  to the  the door we were called from. We followed the nurse over to the room and and she helped me up into the table.

"Alrighty let's check you out." She said and flipped the lights off and grabbed a probe from the computer. I grabbed Camilas hand and watched the screen as she applied the gel to my stomach. She measured the babies head, arms, legs and weighed it before she found it's heart beat.

"The heart beat is 134, and it looks like it weighs 6.70 ounces and is 5.59 inches long. It looks compleatly healthy but you still have a lake in the placenta."  She told  me and I watched as she took measurements of the blood.

"How bad is it?" Camila asked and the nurse took some pictures.

"I cant tell you that you will have to wait for the doctor to look at it." She told us and she pushed the gell around in my stomach come more.

"Are you ready to know what your having." She asked and before i could answer Camila did.

"Yes please." She said and I looked up at her and  smiled. The nurse moved took some pictures and then pointed to the screen.

"Alright girls it looks like you are having a little boy." She told us and I smile wide and looked up at Camila who was equally as happy. She wiped off the gel on my stomach and handed us the pictures.

"The doctor will be in, I'm just a few moments  congragulatins." She told us and walked out the door. Camila quickly bent down and kissed my head and then my belly.

"Our boy. My God I dont Think I have ever been so excited in my life." Camila smiled and pulled me to a sitting position  and connected our lips.

"I'm so excited." I told her and she nodded and went to  say something but the doctor walked in.

"Alright girls I hear your having a boy." He said and sat down next to the computer and looked at us.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool." Camila said and the doctor looked up at her.

"Now refresh my memory Lauren is the only biological parent or is she carrying a egg from you." He asked and Camila laughed but then realized that the doctor was sereious.

"No I'm in the biological father I guess. Lauren is her mom and so am I. I have a male appendage." Camila said and the doctor looked back  at the scream and nodded.

"Well congratulations, but with me knowing that i have to tell you that your little boy  might not be a boy. I need to do a blood test from the  baby.
I can do  it once it is born or i can do it now. I will leave that up to you." He said and I looked at Camila and her face was blank.

"I- um, the baby could be like me?" She asked and the doctor nodded and grabbed a pocket measuring tape.

"Yes, the probability  of that happening is slim but with out it you still dont know what your baby is."  He told us and I was going to tell him to wait till it was born but Camila spoke up first.

"Do what ever you need." She said in a shake breath. I looked up at her and it looked like tears were about to spill from her eyes.

"Is that alright with you?"  He asked and I needed my head. He took the measurements of my stomach and  pushed down a few times before he helped me sit up.

"Its a simple procedure I do it here in my office and i can do it tomorrow morning if you would like. All I ask is that you don't eat anything or drink anything after midnight." He told us and I thanked him and he walked out of the room. I turned and looked at Camila but she Wouldnt look at me.