chapter 29

Camilas pov

It's now a week later and Lauren and the baby are home. I'm sitting back on the couch and Lauren is walking around the house holding Kylie as she sleeps. My phone buzzed and I looked down and seen Zayns number. I scruffed and held the phone up for Lauren.

"Every time he messages me I want to take his face off." I said and Lauren looked away and quickly replied to his message.

"I wasn't cheating on you before Camila. I promise, if you want to know the truth I was asking him to help me find an-"

"I dont care Lauren. Look I'm putting it behind us, I just dont like him ok." I said and Lauren sighed.

"We just-"

"I dont care Lauren." I said and she looked hurt and walked away. A few minutes later she walked back down stairs and sat a small box in front of me.

"I never meant for anything to happen. Since you found out you won't look at me or touch me or even acknowledge that I'm around unless it's about the kids. I dont make you happy anymore and I have no one but my self to blame. I went to him so he could help me find something important, atleast it's still important to me. You don't want to hear what happned so I'll just cut to the chase, and give it to you." She said as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. I reached for the small velvet box.

"O and camila." I turned and looked at Lauren.

"Happy 2 year anniversary." She said before she walked upstairs. My heart shattred as I opened the small velvet box and seen a beautiful engagement ring.

I closed the box and sat it back on the table before I walked upstairs after Lauren

I closed the box and sat it back on the table before I walked upstairs after Lauren. I opened my bedroom door and Lauren had her back to me as she laid in the bed with Kylie beside her. I heard her sniffling and went to take a step closer but she spoke.

"I'm so sorry Kylie. I'm so sorry I can't keep your mother and I together. You dont desurve a mother like me." She said and I felt tears fill my eyes. I walked over to the bed and took Kylie from Lauren and laid the sleeping child in her crib that is temporarily in our room. I kissed her head and walked back over to Lauren and climbed into the bed with her. Her eyes were red and the bags under her eyes shown that she hadn't gotten much sleep. I brushed my hand over her cheek and she closed her eyes.

"I messed us up." She said and I pulled her into my arms and she wrapped her arms around me.

"You didn't mess us up lo, I did. I did this to us and I am so sorry." I told her and she shrugged.

"I never kissed him back." She said and I kissed her head.

"I believe you." I told her and ahe scruffed.

"If you did you would stop bringing it up. After we picked out that ring you were at work and the kids were at school. I stayed at his house for a while so i didn't have to be alone. We started talking about Eathen, and how excited we were when he was almost here. He brought up how diffrent our lives would be if we would have been married or engaged and he kissed me. We agreed that we would tell you together but I didn't want to tell you about the ring. I know i said I wasn't ready for marriage but I figured being engaged doesn't mean the same thing as marriage. So I wanted to ask you. You have done so much for me I wanted to surprise you and ask you but it's my fault that I couldn't. I just wanted to give you want you wanted for once." She told me and I wiped the tears  off of her face and ran my thumb over her lip.