chapter 5

Camilas pov.

It's three in the morning and Lauren is asleep in my bed, but Eathen and I are trying to quietly seek out of my room and down to the pool.

"Do you think she will wake up?" Eathen asked and I shook my head no and shoved some pillows beside of her.

"Shh, you will wake her up if your not carful." I told him and I turned for the door.

"Don't you dare." Lauren said as we both were about to exit the room. Eathen's eyes widened and he laughed and took off down my hall.

"We're just going to get some water, go back to sleep lo." I told her and she sat up in the bed and walked over to me.

"So that's why the two of you are dressed to go swimming right?" She asked and I looked down.

"I this old thing.. I'm its-"

"Don't take my son with out asking." She said and pushed me out of the way and down the hall. I sighed and put my hair on top of my head in a bun and followed behind Lauren. I mean its not that bad to walk behind her when she's in a tight tank top and some short shorts right? Lauren always had a special place in my heart. In high school I did bully her but that was mostly to fit in with the crowd. I never ment up actually hurt her in any way. I walked into the pull room and Eathen was sitting on the steps waiting for me.

"Come on cami!" He yelled and kicked his feet out in front of him as he splashed everywhere. I looked over at Lauren and she was settling  On one of the lounge chairs and curled up.

"Are you ok?" I asked her and she nodded her head and closed her eyes. I sighed but the response she gave me was good enough for now. I walked over to Eathen and slid into the water.

"Can you swim buddy?" I asked and before he could answer Lauren spoke up.

"No." She said and I laughed because even when she is half asleep she is still in mom mode. I grabbed him by the arms and sat him on my hip and sunk into the water. We played and dunked under the water for a while till Eathen laid his head on my chest.

"Why do you wear these?" Eathen asked and pointed to my shorts. I smiled at him and shrugged.

"The same reason you do." I told him and he laughed

"No, no, boys have dinks and girls have cats." He said and i laughed at him and he shook in the water

"Are you cold buddy?" I asked and he nodded his head and held on to me.

"Come on, we need to get you out of here before you get sick." I told him and he scrunched his nose and nodded.

"Cami, my birthday is tomorrow. " he told me and I smiled as I sat down on one of the chairs and wrapped a towel around him.

"Really how old are you going to be, 55?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"How about 45?" I asked and he laughed and said no.

"Hmmm, 15?" I asked and he shook his head no and let out a belly rolling laugh.

"No silly I'll be 5!" He said and I laughed and kissed his head.

"Well that's amazing buddy." I said and I realized he was born in December meaning there wasn't a possibility of him being my child.

"I want to do something for mommy." He said and I raised a eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked and he smiled and looked over at his sleeping mother.

"Because, I would not have a birthday with out her." He said and I smiled at the humbled boy and he looked back at me.