chapter 4

Laurens pov. 

As night fell in my nightmare of a living situation camila came strutting into her room and smiled at me.

"You have no idea how good it feels to have my dad home."  She said and climbed under the covers into her bed. I simply nodded my head and played with my son's nose on his face.

"You haven't  said much." Camila said and grabbed my hand. As bad as I didn't want to cry in front of her tears slipped my eyes and I turned away from her. Camila quickly got up and squatted down I front of me.

"Lauren, what happned? " she asked and before I could say anything there was a knock on the door.

"Hey girls, I was wanting a minute with Lauren real quick." Ale said and my eyes widened and my body tensed as my name came out if his mouth. Camila looked at me and then back at her dad.

"Actually-"

"Yeah I'll be right there."I said and sat up in the bed and kissed my  son's head.

"Please make sure he doesn't go anywhere and that he's ok." I asked and camila gave me a small nod and I walked out of her room and closed the door. As soon as I did Ale grabbed my arm and tugged me down the hall.

"Please stop your hurting me."  I said and Ale turned around and slapped me.

"Do you have any idea how much money you costed Me? Do you know  how much money you made me lose! All for a little child  you can't even support.  You should have stayed with us and aborted him." He said and I reached up and smacked him. As soon as I did I knew I was in trouble. He snatched me by my hair and pulled me down the stairs into their basement.

"Let me go I swear I'll leave." I begged but Ale walked over to me and shook his head.

"You better be happy that he's a boy.  Because... umm... The places a child that looks like you would go." He said and I went to kick him but he grabbed my shirt and yanked it over my head.

"Face the wall." He said and I shook my head no and hid my body.

"Face the wall." He said again and undid his belt. I hung my head In shame and turned to the wall. I held on to the rough cement waiting for a hard blow to My back but the basement door creeped open and Ale stopped.

"Stop!" I heard a voice yell and I froze as camila came down her basement  stairs.

"What are you doing to her!" Camila yelled and stepped in between  her father and I. Ale pushed Camila to the side and the belt connected with my shoulder and stomach.

"Ah!" I said and I curled into a ball. Several slapped later another slap echoed through the room but it did not connect with me. I heard the belt hit the floor and camilas dad walk up the stairs. 

"Lauren .  Lauren get up please." She said and I closed my eyes and sobbed into my kneese. Camila touched one of my wounds and I scraim in pain.

"Please Lauren get up. I need you to get up it's not safe  down here." She said and she pulled me up to my feet. She grabbed my shirt and covered  my front with it as she pulled me up her stairs and to her bathroom. She quickly started a tub of hot water and i looked at my self in the mirror and I was discusted. Camila tried to talk to me about getting in the tub but  I just looked at my new scars. Camila took my clothes off of me and eased me in the tub.

"Bite the rag." She told me as my open wounds hit the hot water.  I scraim  into the rag and squeezed camilas hand as tight as I could from the pain. After what felt like hours she managed to clean the cuts and get me out of the tub and onto the edge.

"Stay here pleased don't move." I looked at the checkered  floor blankly  till camila came back in the bathroom

"Lauren some of  them need stitches." Camila said and I seen her open her mother's bag that held many different  kits.