chapter 11

Eathens first day of school.

Laurens pov.

"Mommy lets gooooo." Eathen whines as I tried to get a first day of school photo.

"Just stay still." I told him and he sighed and stood still and poutted. Camila walked behind me and started making faces and finally got him to laugh.

"

There now was that so hard Eathen?" I asked and he shook his head no and ran into my arms. I picked him up as Camila carried his backpack. We started the short walk to Eathens school and as soon as the school was in my sight my eyes started to water.

"Are you sure you want to start school this year? I mean we can always try again next year." I said and he put his hands on my face and kissed my nose.

"I be fine mommy." He told me and Camila grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I couldn't bring my self  to talk any more till we got to his Classroom because I was afraid I  was going to cry. I  sat him down outside of his door I fixed his shirt and smiled at my son. He looked down into my green eyes and touched my face.

"Now, when school gets out ill be right here to get you, if you want to come home tell your tea-"

"Mommy I be fine.  I know how to spell my name just like you thought me. E- A- T- H- E- N.  I know 2+2=4 and I know to say pwease and tank you. I know  to be nice to others when they are mean to me and I know to be good. I be fine mommy no worry." He said and I let a tear fall from my eyes and he pushed them away.

"Now go home, I am a big boy." He said and I kissed his head and hugged him tight.

"When did you grow up." I asked softly and he pulled away and walked into his Classroom. Camila helped me stand up and we walked hand and hand down the hall till I heard Eathen again.

"Mommy!" He yelled and I turned around and squatted down as he ran  full force into my arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he pulled back some and tears were in his eyes

"I forgots to say I love you." He said and I smiled at my son and hugged him as tight as I could.

"Trust me when I say I love you more." I told him.

"Don't worry about your mommy buddy. I'll take good care of her while you are here. We will both be back at 3:30 to get you. Now get going before you make mommy cry."  Camila told him and he hugged her  legs and ran back down the hall. Right before he stepped into his room he waived at us one last time and disappeared.  Camila grabbed my hand as we started the walk home. Half way there Camila stopped and pulled me into her arms.

"Why are you so upset. He's just at school." She said and I sighed and hugged her.

"You'll understand one day how it feels." I told her and I heard her laughed and I rolled my eyes.