•Chapter 0.3•

- Five Years After -

Gabriella bounced on her toes while she waited for her name to be called. She looked around the Great Hall to see children staring at her and then look at the others.

She came to an immediate stop and looked towards the front to see an old man with half moon glasses and bright blue eyes. A long beard and long blue robes. "Welcome, welcome! Now, as the Headmaster of the school, let's get the sorting started."

McGonagall then unrolled a piece of parchment and cleared her throat. "Lily Evans!"

Gabriella's eyes widened and looked over Lily's red headed figure go up to the hat. Once it was placed the hat scoffed and opened its mouth. "Gryffindor!"

The table with the red and gold drapes cheered loudly as she went over and sat down.

She held my breath and looked over everyone. "Remus Lupin!"

Her eyes watched as Remus fiddled around with his thumbs while the hat was placed right on his head. "R- Gryffindor!" The hat stuttered out.

Remus walked over towards Lily and Gabrielle bit her lip with all her nerves going around.

"Gabriella Rodgers!" Her name ring in her ears while looking around and her eyes settled on the old hat.

She sat down on the rickety stool and the hat was placed on her small head causing it to cover her eyes.

"Awe, intelligent I see, just from being in a muggle born environment. But I see you went through... Cancer? Yes. And you're here now so something covers your intelligence. I'm thinking... Gryffindor!"

Gabriella's eyes go wide and she smiles brightly. She jumped off the stool and go over to the Gryffindor table.

A big smile on her face as everyone else was called and placed in their appropriate house.

Everyone was sent to their dorms after dinner and Gabriella was roomed with Lily and a girl named Marlene.

Little did they know they would become best friends.

_____

5 Years Later

Gabriella's POV

I was running down the halls trying to get to Transfiguration with Marlene and Lily by my side. "Marlene! Every time you sleep in you make us late, because you make us wait for you." Lily said agitated with a frown covering her face.

"It's not my fault! It's yours and Gabby's! Reading all night till 1 in the morning, I mean who does that!" Marlene said tiredly  holding onto her bag.

"Bloody shut it!" I yelled not wanting to listen to their bickering anymore. "You all argue like an old married couple." I said rubbing my temples.

"Like you can talk, you and Potter go at it all day..." Lily said rolling her eyes.

"That's because he's an idiotic toad." I finished while opening the door to Transfiguration.

"Well, there you three are. Always late on the first week." Professor McGonagall said while going back towards the board.

"Sorry, Professor." All three of us mumbled.

I took my seat next to Remus with a smile. "Hey Remus."

He looked up from his book and I saw new scars covering his face. "What happened this time?" I said looking them over.

He smiled sheepishly. "Um, a cat." I rolled my eyes at his unluckiness.

"Well, I hope you gave that cat a piece of your mind." I said while opening my textbook.

"Oh trust me, I did." He mumbled while starting on his work.

_____

After class I was with Marlene as Lily went over to Severus, to eat Lunch. "Marls slow down! You're going to choke." I laughed watching her eat pudding and ice cream.

"How can you choke on pudding?" She asked with a mustache of chocolate on her upper lip.

I rolled my eyes and ate some mash potatoes. Soon enough she started gagging and I grinned with a knowing look. "I was right." I sang.

She glared at me before giving me a grin. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What? I didn't choke." I stated.

I then felt a tap on my shoulder and I groaned knowing why she was grinning like a mad man.

I turned around to see a familiar pair of blue eyes that I have learned to hate. "Potter..." I said in disgust.

"Rodgers. I was wondering if you've seen Lily." He said with his eyes filled with curiosity.

I pretend to think about it as I put my finger on my chin. "Hm... Nope, haven't seen her since class."

He rolled his eyes and smirked while seats by on my lap. I groaned and tried to push him off. "Get off me you fat arse!" Marlene was just watching in amusement while I was trying to get him off.

"Not until you tell me where Lily Flower is!" I rolled my eyes and got an idea in my head.

"J-James seriously, my heart is starting to hurt..." I pretended to feel pain as I fell to the floor clutching my chest.

We both fell as he landed on me and I closed my eyes waiting for a reaction. "Oh my god! Gabby! Wake up, Gabriella!" James started yelling and shaking my shoulders.

"Prongs get off her!" Sirius yelled and I opened my eyes laughing.

"Y-you ac-ctually believed I was dying!" I laughed clutching my stomach while James' face went tomato red.

"Of course I thought you were dying! You have heart cancer!" He said while Sirius was by my side laughing with me.

"Had. I had heart cancer. I'm all better as long as I have my medicine." I said while ruffling his messy hair.

I smiled and walked over back to Marlene. "At least now I know you care about me." I said dramatically.

"Shut up Rodgers." James muttered and walked away with Sirius.

_____

Welcome everyone! I hope you don't mind the time skip, but I wanted her to be older and know everyone, so I did. Please leave a Comment, Vote, and Follow.  Thanks so much❤️❤️❤️

< Edited >