•Chapter 3.5•

- Christmas Eve -

The smell of mint and chocolate was filled in the Potter house as the teenagers were gathered around each other and they all had decorations for the Christmas tree. Gabriella was laughing at Sirius who was getting yelled at by Mrs. Potter, because he was eating a candy cane for the tree.

James looked over at the scene and smiled at Gabriella who was arguing with Sirius who put his candy cane in her hair. She screamed and started wrestling with him. James chuckled and felt a hand on his shoulder.

He looked up to see his Father and he smiled down at his son. "I'm glad you found someone, James." He said and James looked back at Gabriella and Sirius as he was getting his hair pulled by her.

"I am too." He sighed out and Mr. Potter chuckled at his son and went over to his wife.

"I think our son finally found the one." He whispered to her and she smiled at Gabriella.

"I like Gabriella. She's good for him." She said and watched her son go up to Gabriella who was trying to get the candy out of her hair.

James simply did a spell and she smiled at him giving him a small kiss on the cheek and thanking him. "Yeah, they are perfect together."

James and Gabriella were close together while Sirius was writing his letter to Alex.

"You going to tell her how much you love her." Gabriella teased and Sirius blushed barely in the fire light.

"No... I'm just about to send her my present for her." Sirius mumbled and James laughed at his perfectly haired best friend.

"Look mate, are you even dating Alex?" James asked him and felt Gabriella leaned closer to him for warmth.

Sirius chuckled and gave him a smirk. "I don't even know." He said and gave the letter to the Potters Owl, Fair and she went off.

Gabriella sighed closed her eyes carefully and fell into a deep sleep while James played with her hair.

Sirius smiled at his friend. "Still can't believe you got the girl as well." Sirius said and James smiled down at Gabriella who was smiling softly in his chest.

"Yeah, I did. I... I think I love her." He said and Sirius smiled at him.

"I think you do too, Prongs." Sirius whispered and went up the stairs to his room he shared with James.

James sighed and leaned down to Gabriella who was sleeping peacefully. "Gabby?" He whispered, but she didn't budge and he sighed.

He grabbed her carefully with one arm under her legs and her head resting in between his neck. He carried her all the way to her room and she grumbled under her breath.

"Don't leave me." Gabriella said with her eyes glossed over and James smiled softly.

"I won't." He whispered and she closed her eyes again when he laid in her bed as she snuggled over to him and he held her close. "I will never leave you."

_______

Gabriella's POV

I woke up to the sun hitting my eyes perfectly causing me to wince. I squinted them and felt someone tightening their grip around my waist. I looked down and saw a mess of jet black hair and I smiled down at him.

I ran my delicate hand through his tousled hair and I could feel his arms relaxing just by my touch. I chuckled and shook my head. "Weirdo." I mumbled and I watched his chest go up and down slowly.

I kept my hand in his hair and looked around my room to see the moving pictures. I looked at the first one to see my mom and dad with their arms around my shoulders and me smiling widely.

My eyes then wondered over to the next picture with Alex, Quinn, Lily, Marlene, and me all in our swimsuits smiling and laughing as a wave came up on us causing us all to fall to the ground.

I felt tears start to prick my eyes and movement stirred in the bed. I looked down to see James' bright blue eyes open and I smiled at him.

"Good morning." I said softly and he looked at me then buried his head in my stomach.

"No, it's too early." He mumbled and I chuckled at him.

"It's eight thirty in the morning James. I think it's a perfect time to get up." I said and he lifted his head again while I laughed at his squinted eyes.

"How do I look?" I asked causing him to smile.

"Blurry." I chuckled and he leaned closer to my face. I chuckled and leaned in with him. My lips captured his and his hands held my face softly.

He pulled away with a smile present on his lips. "I can get used to this." He said and I laughed at him.

"So can I." I mumble and kissed him again.

______

Aw, cute little fluff moment with James and Gabriella. Please leave a Comment, Vote, and Follow! Thanks❤️❤️❤️

< Edited >