•Chapter 1.4•

- Tigress -

Tomorrow everyone would have to go back to Hogwarts, but that didn't help Gabriella's situation. She had the Mandrake leaf stuck in her gums whenever she tried to eat or drink. And let us emphasize the word tried.

Every time she would swallow her food the bitter juices of the leaf followed with it covering the foods taste and leaving Gabriella to scowl at her plate. She tried so hard to not show her discomfort with James' parents, but they would keep asking her if she's alright or if she didn't like the food.

Really Gabriella did love all the food, it was better than Hogwarts, but when the bitterness washes over her tastebuds she would just try so very hard not to gag at the taste. So she would tell her honest option about the food on how it was excellent, but try to hide the leaf as she spoke.

And let's not even get started with drinks and brushing her teeth. She just from now on complained to her friends how awful it is. And they would agree with her, because they did it as well.

"The taste fades after two weeks." Peter said while Gabriella was pushing the leaf in her gums. Her eyes widened at the thought.

"T-two weeks!" She screeched and dropped her head on the bed while Sirius chuckled at her actions.

"Gab, that's my bed." He said while she glared at him. She really didn't care what bed she landed on, but she did wish it would be anyone's, but Sirius'.

"You make such a big deal out of everything, Siri. It's not like we're snogging on it." She said with distaste and rolled off it and landed on the floor carefully.

She looked over James to see him visibly pale. "Are you alright James?" She asked while Sirius was mumbling about not wanting to even look at Gabriella.

James looked over at her with his eyes glazed over and he nods his head. "Y-yeah, just feel a little dizzy that's all." He muttered and went over to a chair in the room.

Gabriella just watched as he sat down and then looked over Sirius. "Anyway, I know who you like anyway Sirius." She said with pure confidence.

Sirius' head snapped up and glared at her bright green eyes. "No you don't." He scoffed out and looked over his hand in nervousness.

"So, you don't like a little feisty Hufflepuff named Alex?" She asked innocently causing Sirius to jump on her.

"No! I don't! So shut up!" He yelled at her causing her to flip over so she strangled Sirius.

"I was right!" She sang at the top of lungs and everyone around them laughed at their antics.

"Shut up Rodgers." He mumbled causing Gabriella to laugh along with everyone else.

______

Gabriella's POV

I was walking around Diagon Alley with James by my side, because he was dragging me. Again.

He was all giddy like while I just looked around and saw Lily there with Marlene. My eyes widened and I pulled my arms out of James' grip and he paused while looking at me confused.

"Lily and Marlene are over there. I just want to go say hi okay?" I asked while slowly moving away.

He rolled his eyes while looking over the shop. "Yeah, okay. I'll go get it for you then." He said and quickly left me while I watched him go away excitedly.

I rolled my eyes and snuck up on Lily while Marlene was watching me with raised eyebrows. "Uh- Marls? Are you even listening?" Lily asked while holding up the newspaper.

I jumped on Lily's shoulders causing her to scream while I laughed and smiled at her. She smacked my shoulder while I rolled my eyes. "Ow, Lily I thought you loved me." I said faking hurt.

She smiled sadly and gave me a hug. "I'm sorry for your losses Gabby." My eyes watered for a second, I sucked it up.

"I'm better now. Really." Then Marlene came up to give me a hug.

I smiled and hugged her back. While she pulled away, she said, "Oh don't cry on her Lily." I looked over Lily to see she was in fact crying.

I went over to her and looked into her sad green eyes. "I'm sorry, it's just, how could anyone do that to someone. Even if they are muggle born." She spat out while looking over me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I'm not muggle born though." I said not in a sassy way, but I don't want my friends to know a lie about me.

Lily's and Marlene's eyes widened. "What do you mean? Your parents didn't use magic." Marlene said and put her hand on my shoulder. "It's okay to be Muggle born Gabriella, Lily is one."

I shook my head. "I know that, but my father was a squib." Lily looked shocked.

"So, your saying your family weren't muggles, then why did they attack you?" She questioned herself mostly, but I thought about it as well.

"I don't know." I said confused and sad.

She just hugged my side. "Well, we'll find out. Together." I smiled at her and saw James coming up to us while Lily's eyes glossed over.

"Hey James!" She yelled and hugged him causing him to smile and laughed. I smiled at the look of them and felt a tug at my heart. Literally.

I clutched my chest and Marlene grabbed on my before I could fall. "Gabby, are you okay?"

When they pulled away the pain settled and I took a deep breath. "Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked trying to get my mind off it.

We talked a while, until we decided to head back to James' house and I hugged Lily and Marlene goodbye.

We left and once we were inside he pulled out a tiger charm. I rolled my eyes as he placed it on my bracelet. "There you go Tigress."

I looked at him strangely. "Tigress?" He smiled.

"Because your a tiger lady. Or you could be Tigger?" He joked while I shoved his shoulder.

"Super funny Bambi." That caused him to roll his eyes.

"Shut up Tigger."

______

Well, I think this was an amazing chapter. But what do you think really happened to Gabriella's parents. And will Lily get too far involved? Please leave a Comment, Vote, and Follow! Thanks❤️❤️❤️

< Edited >