•Chapter 1.9•

- Darkness and Light -

Streamers of green and silver were placed in the Great Hall as Slytherin had won for the House Cup again this year. I sighed and looked over Remus who only had one scratch on his arm from Sirius who was try to keep him away from the Castle.

Lily was nose deep in a book and I looked over the cover that had a skull with a snake wrapped around it. My eyebrows furrowed. "Lily?" I asked and she didn't look up.

"Lily!" I yelled causing her to jump and tears were glistening in her eyes as she wiped them and I put my hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay? And what were you reading?" I slowly asked looking at the Dark Arts book.

She sighed and scooted the book away from her. "I was reading a book about the Dark Lord." She whispered causing my eyes to widen.

"Lily why would you read something like that." I whispered yelled at her as she flinched slightly.

"I wanted to help you understand that your father was a good man even if he was a Death Eater." She said causing my heart to hurt a little.

I felt unwanted tears start to form. "Lily just mind your own business." I said and she looked down.

"Sorry that I wanted to help." She muttered and I sighed at how mean that sounded.

"Lily I just don't want you getting hurt." I said and she nods her head understanding.

"Welcome to your final day in Hogwarts!" Dumbledore yelled and everyone went silent as I comforted Lily. "Now for the House Cup winner... SLYTHERIN!"

The whole Slytherins table erupted in cheers and I saw some people clap for their friends, Alex. "Alright settle down. I want you all to know that when you go to your homes, please be careful for things that lurk in the dark." His eyes landed on mine. "And if you're in a dark place, let the light shine through." He finished causing me to smile slightly.

"Now, dig in!" And food appeared for Dinner in front of everyone and people started eating. I looked over at the Marauders as they were waving me over.

"I have to go, but please put that book up okay?" Lily nods her head and I smile at her. "Thank you."

I walked over and sat down next to Peter as James and Sirius held something behind their backs. I raised an eyebrow. "What's going on?" I asked and they all smirked.

Sirius pulled out the piece of paper that was behind his back and I just looked at him like he was crazy. "Do you, Gabriella Violet Rodgers, accept being a Marauder?" James asked and I looked at him funny.

"How do you know my middle name?" I asked shocked. He rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Answer the question!" I smiled.

"Yes." He smiled.

"Now say 'I Solemnly Swear I'm Up To No Good.'" He said and  I pulled out my wand and waved it to the parchment.

"I Solemnly Swear I'm Up To No Good." I said and I saw the parchment start to create a map and my eyes wandered over the names.

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs, and Tigress present The Marauders Map." I whispered in amazement.

They all smiled at me. "Welcome to the Marauders!"

______

I was in my dorm taking all my stuff and putting it in my luggage bag. I walked over to my night stand and looked at the moving picture of my family. We were all smiling and laughing when my Dad came up and picked me up and spun me around.

I smiled sadly and packed it away when I heard a knock at the door. I looked to see Marlene there with a smile. I chuckled and gave her a good bye hug. "I'll see  you next year right?" I asked as she laughed causing my body to shake with hers.

"Yes you'll see me next year Gabs." She said and grabbed her stuff and smiled. "See you after summer." She said and left while I sighed and shrugged my shoulders as I finished packing all my clothes and went down the stairs.

I saw James there talking to Lily and then he gave her a small kiss. I smiled and walked over to Sirius as we were heading down to the train.

I sighed and leaned into him. "Is it bad that I feel that next year is going to be worse?" I asked and he sighed.

"Yes. But I feel it as well." He mumbled and I sighed.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that."

_____

Poor Gabriella knows that next year is going to be bad... But how bad? Find out in the next chapters. Please leave a Comment, Vote, and Follow! Thanks so much❤️❤️❤️

< Edited >