•Chapter 3.4•

- Protection -

The snow was falling peacefully across the grounds in Hogwarts as the sun was just in the middle of the sky. The first week of December was upon the students and teachers causing the older students to be able to go to Hogsmead.

Students were in every store trying to find presents for their friends and family. Gabriella was not one of those people. She was able to snatch her gifts late November and then hide them in her dorm room to keep Sirius and James away from them.

They tried so hard to find them, but they couldn't get past the stairs whenever they would disappear and turn into a wonderful swirly slide for them and Gabriella would either laugh or roll her eyes at them.

Gabriella was with Marlene at her side as she was trying to tame her wild hair from her face. The wind wasn't in her favor at all in this case and Marlene would laugh every time hair was caught in Gabriella's mouth causing her to gag.

Gabriella glared at her and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm sorry that your hair isn't all over your face, please continue." She said sickly sweet and Marlene knew that voice.

"No! I want my present, please Gabby. I'm sorry!" She said quickly and Gabriella smirked.

"That's right. So, where are we going, because I still have ten minutes before I have to meet James at Three Broomsticks." Gabriella said which made Marlene smile.

"Aw, it's so cute." She said and Gabriella looked at her crazy.

"What do you mean it's so cute? What's cute?" She questioned and Marlene looked at her while they walked over to Three Broomsticks.

"You guys!" She exclaimed, but Gabriella was still confused. "You and James, I mean him and Lily were cute too, but you already had something with James first and I think he actually loved you more." She said and Gabriella had a flash of hurt in her eyes, but then it was gone.

"Do you think I'm the fault for Lily's death?" Gabriella asked and Marlene stopped causing her to trip over her.

"Gabriella Violet Rodgers, you didn't know there was a Death Eater, you didn't force her to leave everyone for a sweater, and you most certainly are not the person who caused the spell." She said and Gabriella sighed.

"I guess, but... Never mind." She said and Marlene wrapped her arm around her.

"Good, now go over to your Romeo and have fun, but not too much fun, if you know what I mean." She said wiggling her eyebrows.

Gabriella grimaced. "You act too much like Sirius, I swear." She mumbled and when she walked in Marlene sat down on a bench and saw a shaggy black fur dog step over to her.

She tilted her head to the side. "Aw, who do you belong to Cutie." She said and tried looking for a collar, but saw nothing.

She started scratching his ear and his leg started to go up and down. "I guess you don't have an owner. Huh?" She looked around and a smile planted itself on her face, causing the dog to grow worried.

______

Gabriella's POV

I walked into Three Broomsticks and saw James was already there with Remus as they were whispering about something. I rolled my eyes and decided to slowly go over there for more time to hear what they were talking about.

"I should have been there though, Remus." James said sadly and Gabriella furrowed her eyebrows.

"Mate, just have your date now, it's not like she's dead from the Slytherins." Remus said and James ran a hand through his hair.

"I know, but I just want to be there for her everyday at every time." He said and Remus chuckled at him.

"Prongs, calm down, she's with Marlene right now. If anything could get past Marlene, tell me, because so far every prank that we set up for her has not worked." Remus said laughingly as I laughed as well.

I was kinda the reason for that. I just warned her of what they planned to do. "Alright, I'm leaving and just remember no more late night stuff. Sirius was actually really worried about you." Leaving James to laugh at as Remus passed me.

"Hey, Gabby." I smiled and looked over his face to see no new scars.

"Hey, Remus." I said and he walked out as I walked over to James. He was stirring his butterbeer slowly causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"James." I said and he jumped up and I chuckled at him. "What's the matter with you? You never act like this." I said and he just sighed.

"Well, I'm just worried about you, ya know." He said lowly and I smiled at him.

"James, I'm fine. If it makes you feel better I can show you." I said and his face turned a shade pink.

"What do you mean, show me?" He asked and I moved my hair around.

"See? No scar or anything." I said and he took a breath of air while I laughed.

"What did you think I was going to do? Take my clothes off." I suggested and he chuckled causing me to smile.

"There's the laugh I have been waiting for." I said teasingly and he sighed.

"I know, I just don't want you to end up like Lily, that's all." He said and I grabbed his hand which was cold from the butterbeer.

"James, I'm fine. I promise you I won't die, okay?" I said and he squeezed my hand slightly.

"Okay." I smiled and leaned over to kiss the corner of his lips.

"Good, so how about a butterbeer for me?" I asked and he chuckled and ordered one.

_______

James seems a little over protective for Gabriella. And Gabriella still thinks Lily dying was her fault. Please leave a Comment, Vote, and Follow! Thanks so much❤️❤️❤️

< Edited >