•Chapter 2.8•

- Rebound -

Gabriella woke up to the sunlight shining down on her face causing her to squint her bright green eyes with distaste. She got up and looked over Marlene's bed to see it empty and she sighed. "Great... I'm going to miss breakfast." She mumbled and went over to the connected bathroom.

She got her robes ready with jeans and a red v cut shirt to show her Gryffindor pride. She got her hair ready with in a messy bun and started washing her face and brushing her teeth.

After she got dressed, she put mascara and lipgloss on for makeup and headed out the bathroom to put her shoes on. Then she grabbed her wand and her bag and headed out the dorm in a rush while bumping into fellow Gryffindors who chuckled at her.

"So sorry." She said and looked over her classes to see she had Defense Against The Dark Arts. She quickly ran over to class and saw the teacher not there yet so she carefully slid into her seat next to James who smirked at her.

"Woke up late, I see." He said while she chuckled humorlessly.

"Yeah no kidding." She mumbled and started writing the notes on the board and feeling his eyes watching her.

Once she finished and the teacher started on the lesson he took something out of his robe pocket. Her eyes wondered over to the muffin as she sighed in hunger.

"I saw that you missed breakfast, so I saved this for you." He whispered and she took it and started eating it.

"Thank you." She moaned as it tasted amazing. That was before she found a piece of lint on it.

She rolled my eyes and threw it at him. He smiled and shrugged. "What? I just wanted it to be a surprise."

She smiled and patted his shoulder. "Of course you did."

______

Gabriella's POV

I walked out of class and Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter walked by me as they started discussing about another prank they were going to do in the Slytherin Common Room.

I sighed and shook my head remembering what Severus told me. "I don't think you guys should do it." I said and Sirius stopped to look at me.

"Who are you and what have you don't to Gabby?" He asked jokingly and I chuckled.

"I'm being serious. I just have a bad feeling and I don't want you guys hurt like Lily okay?" I said knowing that Lily was a touchy subject.

"Look maybe Gabby has a reason to worry. We can just prank the Hufflepuffs." Remus said causing me to thank him with my eyes.

Sirius rolled his eyes. "Fine. But just so you know Gabby. I'm Sirius." I smiled.

"Whatever you say Black." I mumbled and started heading over to the Great Hall with Marlene.

"So have you talked to James recently?" She asked me causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"Yeah? I see him and the rest of the guys everyday." I said unsure of my answer.

Marlene rolled her eyes. "How oblivious can you be?" She said dramatically and I was shocked at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked and she stopped while looking in my eyes.

"James likes you! He practically drooled over you this morning during class." I rolled my eyes.

"He just dealt with his ex girlfriend dying and I don't want to be caught up in that mess. Alright?" I said and started walking away from her as she caught up.

"Look Gabriella, you are the one that's helping him cope with Lily. You're not making it worse, you're making it better." She said and I stopped thinking about it.

"I just don't want to talk about James anymore okay. So drop it." I hissed and quickly went to the Great Hall.

I was upset that Marlene was trying to set me up with James as his back up. That was not going to happen.

I sat down at the Gryffindor table and crossed my arms over my chest with a huff.

"I'm not going to be the rebound."

______

As classes were over I headed to the Common Room to see all the Marauders there laughing and having a good time messing around with each other.

I smiled at the sight and looked over at James who was giving Sirius a bear hug caused him fell to the floor. I saw Remus look over me and chuckled.

"Well, guys I guess it's time to go to our dorms." He said trying to pry off James from Sirius.

James looked over me and smiled. "Hey I was wondering if you wanted to uh... Have breakfast with me later?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I always have breakfast with you guys." I said with a chuckle and he chuckled back.

"Well, I kinda meant just you and me." My breath was caught in my throat and I sighed.

"Um... I-I guess." My brain was fighting against me. 'No! You don't want to be the rebound. Stop!'

James smiled and grabbed my hand. "Great! See you in the morning." He left while I held onto the railing to the girls dorm with a small smile.

"I'm screwed." I mumbled and went up to my room to go to bed.

_______

Wow... Something tells me that Gabby is happy and mad. Oh well. Please leave a Comment, Vote, and Follow. Thanks!❤️❤️❤️

< Edited >