•Chapter 2.6•

- Depressed Shopping -

Numbness was all Gabriella felt. Her heart couldn't handle her best friend to die after her parents. It felt as if her world was falling apart. First her family with no one left and now her second family.

She opened her eyes when she heard Lily's scream fill her mind and she sighed when she saw the silhouette of her bedroom and her eyes wondered over to James who kindly helped her sleep.

His eyes were closed with his breathing calm and face relaxed. She listened to his heartbeat as it calmed her down. She sighed and got up for a glass of water.

When she carefully closed the door it caused James to slightly wake up and carefully look around. He sighed peacefully and tried to pull Gabriella's body closer to him, but noticed the space was empty and cold.

He jumped up and looked around the room. "Gabby?" He asked startled and got up quickly. "Gabby."

He went down the stairs and saw her figure over the sink of the kitchen with a glass of water in her hands. He sighed in relief and went over to her trying to not startle her. "Gabriella?" He asked causing her to look over him.

"Sorry if I woke you." She whispered and took a sip of water while looking out the dark window. She sighed as he wrapped his arms around her fragile body.

"Are you okay?" She bit her lip. She wasn't okay. And every time someone asked her it made her feel weak and helpless. She shakes her head.

"No... I-I feel like it should have been me." She mumbled causing James to clench his jaw tightly.

"Don't say that, Gabby." He tried to help her, but she got out of his embrace.

"No! You don't understand. No one does! Lily died, because she was looking up information from my family! How is that not my fault? If I just walked with her to get a stupid sweater..." She finally broke down. "I could have saved her." She cried out and James went over to her.

"It's not you're fault. Because everyone could have done the same thing. You and I both saw her leave, so I'm to blame too. Not just you Gabby." She looked at him with no emotion.

"Please make me forget." She pleaded. James was shocked that she would go that far as to forgetting her best friend. "Please just make me forget her."

James held in her. "No, because you can get past the pain and remember all the good times you had with her. You would forget the times she made you laugh and smile. And you would forget a part of yourself."

Gabriella remembered all the good tunes she had with Lily and cried. "When will the pain leave?" She asked.

James had a tear leave as well. "Whenever we realize that she's not really gone." He mumbled as they cried over their dead friend.

_______

Gabriella's POV

Everyone was walking through Diagon Alley as we were getting our stuff for the sixth year of Hogwarts. I was almost ready to just drop out, but James and Sirius convinced me to get past the year and see how I felt after.

I was in the bookstore as I past the book Hogwarts a History causing a memory to pass by my mind.

'My nose was stuck in a book while a knock on the door made my head snap up. I looked at the glass door to see a girl with bright red hair and green eyes open the door with a boy who had black hair and almost black eyes.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if we could sit with you? Everywhere else is full." She said in a polite voice.

I smiled and nod my head. "Of course. There is plenty of room." I said carefully and looked back over my book.

"Oh! You're reading the Hogwarts a History too." I looked at her bright green eyes and smiled.

"Yeah, I wanted to know about Hogwarts before I got there and spend the rest of my life there." She chuckled and sat next to me.

"Well, I have a feeling we're going to be best friends." She said and told me somethings about the Wizard School.'

I sighed and felt sadness wash over me. But I took a deep breath and thought about it being happy. She was right at us being best friends.

I chuckled and got past the first year section and went over to the six year while grabbing what I needed.

That was when I saw Marlene arguing with her parents. I smiled and walked over to her. "Hey Marls." She stopped and smile at me.

"Hey Gabby. How are you?" She asked while I knew she was talking about Lily.

I sighed but smiled sadly. "Better. James is helping me." I mumbled and she grinned.

"Good. Finally the toe rag can do something useful." I cringed slightly as she used Lily's words.

"Yeah. He has been." I answered while her parents made her go over to the wand shop.

"Okay! I have to go fix my wand again! But I'll see you at the ceremony!" She yelled while her parents rolled their eyes.

I chuckled. "Yep, see you then!"

She went into Ollivanders and I looked to see Sirius and James there holding their stuff.

I chuckled at them. "Really? Itching powder?" I asked while they rolled their eyes.

"We are going to create a more stronger formula to cause warts." Sirius said with a smirk as I laughed.

"You do that Padfoot." I said as I went in the middle of them and started getting ready for Hogwarts.

I'm praying that this year will be better than the last. But knowing me trouble  follows everywhere I go.

______

Yay! Summer is over and now their sixth year is going to start. I have plans and twists started in this year so hopefully it will be good! Please leave a Comment, Vote, and Follow! ❤️❤️❤️

< Edited >