eat

chapter six. harryandniallday pt. two

 two

-

-

-

Nothing is more important than a promise. A promise to me is more relevant than any swear or oath. A promise is just that extreme. But what makes a promise even more extreme, is when someone follows through with their uttered words.

HOME IS AS BORING as I knew it would be walking towards it from the park half hour ago. Home gets even more uninteresting when Cara and I collide near the threshold as I attempt to enter our home while she's attempting to escape it. Only to do a couple to forever hours of shopping with an extremely close friend, so she says. All the same, with mild hesitance, I remind her to be careful as she exits through the front door.

With Cara, it's hard to be calm. Calm when she's out around Manchester with no tight security or no disguise. She's this large supermodel making a come-up in society—she's very well known everywhere. Well known to an extent that she shouldn't leave our home without having one bodyguard on her arm because she's just that popular. I try not to allow my pessimistic thoughts get my entirety.

Which means lounging around in the lounge with heated popcorn on the table and a half full pop nearly demolished by a party of one. Disappointment still clear in the air and active within my system. Displeasure and wretch on every inch of my skin. Just how Harry looked a little over forty-five minutes ago.

Yet he continued his way to Liam's. Probably grinning from ear to ear predicting his arrival has an effect he has on Liam. And why do I feel such resentment? This constant disappointment when things don't go as planned? Like the Friday night movie nights that went before they came.

The years I should've cherished because if I had known when I was younger my future in adulthood would be undetermined, I would've decided on something earlier. Analyzed it all just so I wouldn't have to deal with these constant thoughts.

And to obtain them all, I pop in a classical film, The Outsiders. Altering and rerouting my train of thought for an hour or two.

It works fortunately. My stress level descends throughout the movie. Although my emotions don't when Johnny Cade dies on Ponyboy Curtis and their friend Dallas Winston. Just as Dallas begins to lose his mind I'm briefly distracted by the constant ringing of my front door — loud and practically obnoxious, although I pertain to get it. Thoughts of Cara carelessly losing or forgetting her key the result to this abrupt cause of knocking.

But it's not Cara...

...it's Harry.

He's standing before me sheepishly. Rubbing at his nape as he begins to fumble and jumble over his words every second his mouth opens. With some time, Harry manages to ask, "Can I, please come in, Niall?"