epilogue two.

I'm kinda in college. Just kinda lol.

-

epilogue two. i'd love it if we made it.

-

-

-

When Louis married Zayn, we were all perplexed because neither myself nor Harry knew the two had kept in contact after my belated birthday party more than several years ago.

-

It doesn't happen from the simultaneous voices and octaves of people screaming, 'happy belated surprise!'

My eyes scan an enormous crowd of people I have knowledge of to practical strangers, but my eyes lock on three characters I never wanted myself encountering ever again: Liam, Zayn, and Harry; the three musketeers. It erupts a mixture of anger and apprehension until my eyes land on Louis, it clears all of those feelings up immediately.

My stomach rumbles from either excitement or hunger or maybe both. And I run to enclose Louis into tight arms ...

-

But here we were, receiving word from a lavender colored invitation with both their names on it with an upcoming save the date for the future, almost several months from the now. And what the fuck? Who even knew they'd try to date again when we were teenagers for what feels like forever ago?

Harry, looking just as confused as me, asks, "You know anything about this?"

I shake my head. "No," I admit. "I talk to Louis just about everyday. What the fuck?"

"What the fuck, indeed," Harry says. Then he's laughing and the sound instantaneously causes my lips to curve up responsively. And I'm laughing alongside him. "It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, babe. A lot of things are meant to be. Signed, —"

"— sealed, delivered,"

"And I'm yours," he finishes (the song lyric, actually) as I blow him a kiss he doesn't hesitate to catch, subconsciously, respectively.

-

It isn't until the next day I receive a call from one of my best friends, Louis. I could hear the smile in his voice when he properly asks me to be his best man. And part of me would live and bathe in this excitement simultaneous to his but I couldn't help the confusion and the incredibility of this news; of this.

"I'm honored," I admit through the speaker. "However, when did this begin? When did either of you propose? And why didn't you tell me anything about it — from when it began?"

Unfazed, Louis answers, quickly at that, "You were there from the beginning Niall; since we were teens. You were there when we were younger and more stupid, and now you get to see us to the end. When someone stands before us, declare us man and man; husband and husband. I want you to — I need you to see this to the end. To forever."

And with a heavy breath, heavy heart, emotions and all. I think of our teenage years and everything I've witnessed, have gotten the privilege to witness with Louis and Zayn as a couple. I was always there to hear about the happy times, the sad times, that one time Zayn cheated on Louis with someone who, on Louis's worst day, doesn't amount to him. I have witnessed it all.

-

Then Louis's voice is as quiet as a rodents movement around a home when he speaks. But I hear him and I sigh when he says, "Zayn cheated on me." Unconfident like the Louis I've never encountered before, all the same I nod understandingly. "With Liam."

"I know," I say just as quietly. "I'm sorry that happened to you. You don't deserve that." It's the honest truth. As pure as Louis's heart.