love

I live so far from life.

-

-

-

chapter seventeen. on wednesdays, we watch movies.

-

-

Splits — like a division genuinely reminds me of the separation of my parents when I was too young to understand the concept of matrimony. Or its aftermath. Until recently I've always assumed all marriages end with divorces and relationships aren't and shouldn't be pursued because you'll only break up. But realistically, society would just label me as an adolescent pessimist.

AFTER ZAYN AND LOUIS'S breakup, the same day, Louis doesn't work his shift at Punk Rock; he calls out. It made me feel terrible that he's going through such a tough time as I took customers orders with mild help from Dylan working the kitchen in the back. I thought about Louis the entire duration of my part time shift. And I also thought about Liam too.

I've never penalised Liam for loving Harry or blamed Liam for the movie night flaunt, but whatever happened between Zayn and Liam was all Liam's fault, Zayn's also to blame. Because Liam's aware that Zayn's in a relationship — maybe not happily, as mosts would say, but Louis was known as Zayn's boyfriend, Louis Tomlinson. To us and around college. And if strangers we've never engaged in a conversation with were aware, then Liam had to be too.

Also, Liam has Harry. Even when they're not on the greatest terms he still has him. So, what could he, Liam, possibly need Zayn and Harry for simultaneously? He's one person. And I've never understood cheating and its morals — the overall structure of it. One person whom committed and dedicates their time to one person. How can you alter time between the two people you're affiliated with?

How can one allow someone to love and trust and latch themselves onto a persona like a leech when the reciprocation isn't in the least similar to what their emotions are signalling? How can one be okay with hurting someone who only wants to purely love them? Hurting someone who only, in the end, lost time they'll never earn back from life and society because of that unfaithful person. And how can a person pursue a person who is exclusively committed to another person?

And this is my group of friends: a reckless and tainted best friend that's also best friends with a heartless cheater who has just dated a bubbly character that walked around with his heart on his sleeve for three years who tolerated a two timing, excuse the vulgarities, slut that held a severe disinterest in the awkwardly, judgemental, observant adolescent with no idea on what he wants to be after college. I'm rather upset and disappointed at the people I surround myself with on a daily.

But this — this is my fucked up group of friends. 

Overall I'm fuming at Zayn. I don't usually judge experience in this constant cycle of life, but it's Louis. Overdramatic, habitually positive Louis who's now down in the dumps. Like he's lost everything including his one million dollars— heartbroken Louis. Still I continue to work. And work and work and work until I deem myself done. The bell signals another costumer making an entrance into the not so punk rock Punk Rock.