the

Your positive comments mean a lot to me, thank you.

-

-

-

chapter fifty-four. the calling.

-

-

WHEN I ARRIVE TO Manchester, I'm encountered by my mother. Unhappy with my sudden departure and quick to scold me for my subconscious actions. Apparently so was my father, but I couldn't find the smallest bone in my body to care.

In situations like these, mental, emotional, and psychological health are the most relevant. A priority taken automatically disregarding any kind of attended event. To experience an abrupt rush of anxiety during my father and his now husband's ceremony shouldn't be the cause of my mother's anger.

When I tell her about it, her eyes cast over sympathetically. With a coo my mum pulls me into her arms tightly nearly jumping into my skin, also. "When I'm done with work we'll snuggle and talk all about it through movies."

My mother keeps her promise because, later, that's exactly what we do. Until the clock turns and changes with numbers zero through twenty-three. Seconds, minutes, and hours.

Then my vision fades around the time the hands line up on zero in a cloud of dreams with an intermix of imagination—slumber resulting through the dawn and dusk of the days, progressively.

MUM STARTS HER AUTUMN fashion line momentarily. That means travelling and sewing silk-like materials for possibly months and years not that I'm unaccustomed to it. My mum discovered her passion for manufacturing clothes when I was at a, probably, my youngest age. So young that her disappearances were always something I've grown use to actually.

And now being at the age of eighteen it's expected when she announces the continuation of her fashion line. To keep her brand alive and running—because that is how the world works, through wages. It keeps the economy flowing like the purest water in a spring. My mother is only living with the current times: A job is a job, it supplies money. A factor of the worlds survival.

The reality is sort of saddening, but, nonetheless, truthful.

Mum leaves in one week from today. It's set in stone. And she announces the news once I enter our home after an evening shift at Colourful Sandwiches. With tea in her hand, and my mother pats the vacant, leather cushion beside her in the lounge. She asks me to sit beside her.

It throws me off a little. With the serious look my mother has upon her face, and she's ever rarely serious. Excluding the prior situations we've recently been involved in my mothers demeanour has altered a little bit. Still I comply to her tacit command by plopping onto the vacant cushion to the left of her with a questionable look upon my face.

My mum must've sensed the reluctance on my face because she assures me it's nothing bad. "I just– I have an important question for you," she tells me.

I raise an eyebrows at her, my mother continues. A broad grin on her face when she says, "So you're taking a year off to yourself while I'll be around travelling."

My mind wonders what she's beginning to ponder about before she can even utter it. Her departure for travelling isn't anything I'm not accustomed to since she's been doing it my entire life, leaving Cara and I to look after each other. Having to grow up mentally than physically because of that and her actions. Not like I'm against it or anything.

"-- And how would you feel.." mum trails off a little bit before picking up where she left off. ".. if I asked you to travel along with me to explore the beautiful cities and countries? Maybe to clear your mind if you want."

Mum's smile only broadens when she looks at me, eyes sparking like transparent crystals. While my eyes widen in shock. The good kind. The one with nothing but interest and amusement at the proposal that could, possibly, benefit me in the long run.

Travelling means experience. It means seeing everything you've always been attracted to through virtuality, to view it all in physicality. And these places can be a great way to clear the mind, involve yourself within the common good vibes, and to live in an interim time of positivity.

The pros too. Maybe indulge in finding certain majors or minors I'd like to pursue in university. A better bonding relationship with my mother during the travelling and trips.

The cons? There, specifically, aren't any. With a look of content I smile proudly at my mother. The smile she returns says it all.

-

-

-

-

what do you think Niall said to his mother? do you think, if he chooses to tag along, that their relationship as mother and son will heighten positively? why or why not?

the next few chapters are fillers tbh.,