we

I finally watched Fifty Shades of Grey, and now I'm reading the book. Personally the story is a bit better because the movie lacks some details the book provides. All and all, I have this kinky and odd obsession with Christian Grey now lol.

What's your favourite story/book?

This is habitually unedited and will not be edited until story is finished.

-

-

chapter sixty-three. open waters.

-

-

-

WE DON'T HAVE SEX. We don't have sex because we've established it's a moment where I am extremely loud, and it isn't the right moment with all of these guests around to witness that. Witness a pleasurable screamer whom also happens be the birthday boy with his on again-off again boyfriend. So I push myself off of Harry's lap hesitantly.

Only after Harry unhesitatingly brushes his hand through my hair before kissing my forehead. Ever so gently he whispers, informing me, telling me, "I love you."

And the words still quicken my heartbeat excitedly. I don't show it but my lips brush against Harry's with faded reluctance I once entered my bedroom with. "I love you," I tell him passionately, too. He gives me a smile before I leave my bedroom to give Harry a chance to, literally, settle down.

It's the kind of advice we need to take in order to mend a broken relationship. One that needs a gradual increase in trust and sincere honesty. With optimistic thoughts, I think of a positive possibility Harry and I can obtain those important qualities back.

The complexity of relationships show a flash of trials and tribulations a couple has to habitually go through more than half of the time. If they aren't able to work through it, then that's their issue but Harry and I are working towards a successful kind of relationship. One that acknowledges friendship before any sort of romance— no one said it'd be easy dating their best friend.

A person you're accustomed to telling them all about you and your experiences. The one you go to to complain about current relationship issues and are in need of some sort of advice from it. When the shoe is on the other foot, when you're dating your best friend, who do they go to now? Who can they rely on with those categories of problems? It isn't all that easy.

BEFORE IT IS TIME to cut the belated birthday cake destined for me, I'm pulled away, sharply, into the entrance corridor of my home. The assertive contact leaves me groaning responsively from the way my back collides with the wall. In my peripheral there's Zayn standing before me. Wearing a trait I've never witnessed him wear so prominently; Zayn stands before me sheepishly.

A hand rubbing at his nape — through the darkening hall — I can clearly see. I frown at the boy who was once my childhood best friend at a time in my developing of life.

Zayn fumbles with his jean pockets during the gradual silence he, aggressively, placed me in. And I take it upon myself to question his logic behind his actions. "Do you need something?" My eyebrow raises questionably.

"I–I'm," Zayn looks at me apologetically before the words can even exit through the filterless home of his mouth. "I'm sorry."

It's the closest to genuine than it gets with Zayn, the succinct apology. Just when I think that's all Zayn has to say he surprises me by continuing.

"We've been friends for a very long time," he tells me. There's a look of fondness in those bright chocolate coloured eyes. "We've been through a lot together to have a fallen out over something small – whatever it was we were upset about –. Our friendship matters more, to me, than whatever it was."

It's true. It's all true. Zayn and I have been friends for the longest time. Since primary — I smile at the fond memory of an awkward, young, Zayn growing into the person he's become after a near decade. He never apologises, big or small. For him to go out of his way, out of his comfort space to get these words out makes me smile. Wide.

"I'm sorry too, man," I admit. It leads to a broad huh reciprocated from the both of us as the reminiscent of our younger years cloud my memory. Zayn has taught me a lot of things growing up that I've chose to carry into my adolescent years. Especially the confidence I've once lacked. "We'll talk later, okay?"

Zayn nods understandingly before patting my back. I take off with a lighter heart and better understanding of Zayn Malik.

-

-

-

-

Tomorrow is my birthday and here I am updating because it's been too long (in my opinion). Well I'm seventeen and I've desperately been waiting to quote The 1975's Girls:

"She can't be what you need if she's seventeen,"

Matty Healy.

I am such a nerd.