epilogue three.

i've been very active on anobrain and finishing this story officially ::)) it's gonna happen. we're almost to the finish line guys with about three more epilogues. also check out dream, that prologue will be published vv soon too.

So here I am many months (possibly a year(s) later), blasting Pierce the Veil's Selfish Machines (because it still slaps after this many years) winging this epilogue. Please enjoy!

-

-

-

-

epilogue three. harryandniallforlife.

-

I was filling out school applications one late night with a pint of ice cream on my lap, beside my laptop with no intentions of Harry coming home. To my knowledge, he was in Italy shooting a Vogue cover and I had pre-planned a self care night for myself. Just to get in touch with my aura and whatever the trend is for self care.

And it reached about midnight when I heard keys and then a thud and some muttering of swear words by the threshold, automatically eliciting panic in my chest and anxiety to seep through my veins, joints, and bones. I reached behind the couch for an iron club and tiptoed to the darkness that leads to front door of mine and Harry's home.

Slowly. Terrified, I announce, "Whoever it is that's trying to rob me and my home, you're in for a rude awakening." There was complete silence for a moment before familiar laughter echoed through the hall.

"Put the iron down babe," the known voice replies. "It's just me. I'm not ready for whatever rude awakening you've planned." It causes me to laugh and then I'm in synchronized laughter that instantly removes all terror, angst, and panic from my body.

Harry's so damn clumsy. "What are you doing here?" I cut on the hall lights. Green eyes gaze at me widely.

He blinks repeatedly then cards his long fingers through his growing chocolate curls. "Do you really wanna know?" Harry whispers, "You won't believe me." And here I am frowning curiously nonetheless interestingly at him.

My mind automatically assumes he bailed on the cover, or they removed him from the job. That's normality in the modeling world: getting fired the day of the job because bosses minds change like clothes during the day. It's so brutal, that world. Then my mind moves to he just quit altogether to pursue something more longterm based off of impulsivity. Sometimes Harry can be so impulsive.

"Why wouldn't I believe you?" I mumble unconfidently. My eyes watch him stand to his feet from where he'd fallen and tower a few inches above me. Our eyes never unlock as Harry takes my hand in his and leads me to the couch. "I've been thinking," he announces once I'm sat on the couch I thought I'd have to myself tonight. Harry sits on the ottoman across from me, our knees touch.

"I went to Milan to meet your mom," he tells me. Before I can ask or utter any of my concerns, Harry continues, "I had an important question for her, and then I went to Prague."

I frown responsively. "My mom... Prague, for what?"

Then Harry's laughing at me. "Your dad, Silly Goose." he taps my nose jokingly and laughs again when I crinkle it. Silly Goose?

-

There's greetings and apprehensive smiles until dad is conversing with my Harry leaving nothing but an impressive smile to heighten the curvature of my lips. Harry never fails to impress anyone, including my dad who's never really been fond of Harry since the mishap myself and him had since the curious encounter of our preteen years.

-

"I didn't know you both were so close for you to take personal flights to Prague for a desired conversation," I quip. Harry pouts his lip, "We're not," he explains. "But this was an important conversation."

I reach for my ice cream as I question why. And Harry says, nonchalantly, "Because I want to marry you Niall, like, tomorrow." My eyes widen as my heart flutters and palpitates crazily in my ribcage. Slams against it so hard I struggle to breathe properly. Harry wants to marry me is all that echoes through my mind. "Like right now if I could, but I know you probably want the proper ceremony and who am I to deprive you of that?"

"—but that's who we are," I mutter. "Spontaneous." It's the absolute truth: Harry and I have been spontaneous since we were pre-teens and curious about the smallest things. It's how we've got to where we are today.

I cup his face in my hands while giving him the brightest of all smiles. My Harry wants to marry me. He wants to spend the rest of his life with me, and I couldn't be anymore grateful to live in this moment with him. "I love you," I breathe out as Harry relaxes in my touch. "I love you so much. I would marry you in this very moment if we could—"

"—but we can."

And we did. In my pajamas and him in his sweats found the nearest marriage location in Sheffield and it's around bloody midnight. We're not intoxicated but we're high off of passion and impulsivity and everyone, even the ordained minister, probably thinks we're the nuttiest of nuts. But it doesn't slow down nor stop the confident and certain I Do's from either mouth. And it doesn't halt the sealed with a kiss marriage. And it doesn't stop the ceremony from happening in the slightest. This is us.

This is who we are. Oh my God, I just married my best friend. I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

-

There's just a bridge of trust between Harry and I. A bridge that's been in construction since primary school, that's still, continuing to build and grow progressively as our friendship exists one day at a time. Every dawn of the morning until the misty dusk of night — I'm thankful for. And the amount of words pouring out of my mouth like a gallon of water.

Harry thoroughly looks at me; he practically stares into me. Past my pores beyond the many layers of my skin kind of into me.

He looks flabbergasted and a little offended, although I'm not entirely surprised. "I'm sorry you feel that way," he apologizes, sincerity written upon every inch of his face before he abruptly stands to his feet.

Unconfidently, I shrug. Murmuring, "It's not your fault." Because it truthfully isn't. People have agendas that others aren't meant to be on.

"Still," Harry says before wrapping his hand around my left wrist as he trudges the two of us towards the front door of my home. Latently I allow him to haul the two of us towards the entrance steps, finally able to process our — mostly his — sudden movements.

"Where are we going?" I mumble. Maybe there's some interest in the dullness of my morning voice, but Harry doesn't seem to catch it by the look on his face.

"What'd you think?" Harry casually questions, leaving me no room for response. "Out for Harry and Niall day."

-

Now, it's Harry and Niall day for life. And before I can process this happily ever after moment, Harry encloses me in a hug and he murmurs enough for me to hear him: "Imagine this surprise for Louis and Zayn, payback." Then we're laughing wholeheartedly and simultaneously before Facetiming the great news.

-

UNEDITED, as usual. Boom. does anybody read this anymore? Lol. I promised you I'd finish this story and we're seeing it out to the end. I. Said. What. I. Said. Anyways enjoy. What do you think is gonna happen next? What do you wanna see before this comes to an end?

Thoughts and ideas, please. I want to hear it alllll.

Enjoy + I love you guys forever.