leaving

Niall Horan is so pretty guys you don't understand. His snaps just make my entire day .. life kinda.

I've taken a while to update and I'm totally winging this entire chapter right at the moment tbh. Welp -/ I just wanted to update.

-

-

-

chapter twenty-four. ccc = confessions, confidence, and carbon monoxide poisoning.

 ccc = confessions, confidence, and carbon monoxide poisoning

-

YOU CAN TASTE THE tension during Friday night movie night at my house, right now. You can taste, touch, feel, see, smell — all the five senses between Louis and Zayn and HarryandLiam. Especially Louis and Liam since he, Louis, hasn't taken his strong gaze off of the uncomfortable lad sitting a few inches beside me. You can even sense the unintentional hostility between myself and Zayn.

And this, this right now is nothing but awkward. Silent and awkward and peculiar because this isn't like us when we're all together -- in a simultaneous presence. But usually don't friends go through trials and tribulations in order to acquire a more, fonder friendship? Something that reminds me of I and Harry. Things have been going good between us lately., too good between us lately. Though I don't seem to mind it.

I glance over at my brunet friend sitting closely beside Zayn on the opposite couch. Liam's sprawled in front of them with his eyes glued upon the television, and Louis cuddled into my side. Whimpering softly into my, well Harry's, jumper because he can't find comfort in the position he's currently lying in.

The smell of Harry's habitual scent wafts into my nose -- coconuts with a strong, manly vanilla scented musk. Not at all my favourite combination, but anything my boyfriend does pummels my heart with content. And we've only been dating for more than several days. It still feels like forever — that feeling when everything falls into place; when everything you've recently done feels just right. It edges tranquility.

Through all of this hostility surfacing around me between my group of friends, I feel at ease with my internal self. Harry smiles broadly at me and my heart does that familiar pummel within my chest because of him. Him and the cigarette he retrieves from Zayn's front jean pocket. The Breakfast Club continues to play.

I watch the two best friends past the cigarette back and forth repeatedly, chronologically. Exhaling toxins that my body yearns and craves for, although I make no effort to speak up. Neither does Louis and the look in his eyes say enough words he can't utter either. However Liam has a larger pair than myself and Louis together.

He turns around from where he's sat on the floor to face the two smoking boys, a soft glare upon his face. "Can you put that out, please?" he asks politely, almost faintly. The tone in Liam's voice signals he's trying to be amiable, but the look in Harry's face says the opposite. Because, my boyfriend simply flips Liam off responsively.