you

Niall's recent video of him singing is so pleasing. He's just so passionate and grown and I adore him.

1K VOTES LETS GET IT. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! I appreciate you all.

-

-

chapter thirty-five. strange fruit.

-

-

-

THREE WEEKS. I HAVE three weeks to find a new job. That's just an estimate, though. To be more precise I have a little underneath three weeks to find employment.

So, here I am, sat in the lounge on my laptop continuing to search for universities, Christmas presents, and simple jobs to last and land me a reasonable amount of wage for an eighteen year old boy. And it isn't easy.

With a small and frustrated sigh I order another gift I consider perfect for Harry for the upcoming holiday. It's the fourth gift so far, but I couldn't help finding myself skim websites while thinking every materialistic object is perfect for the perfectly imperfect Harry. But I still need a present for Cara, unfortunately. Truth be told I miss my big sister.

We haven't seen each other in weeks, possibly a month. Even if I haven't seen her physically, I've been following her fan page on social media for her whereabouts. Supposedly she's located in Spain for a brief fashionable catwalk. And she couldn't manage time to call and tell me about it?

Apparently not.

I take no offence to it though. No one knows the privileges, advantages, and disadvantages for models in the fashion world, not even I and I'm surrounded by two workers of fashion in my immediate family. With nothing but sincerity in my actions, I reach for my cell phone beside me. Unlocking the mobile with a tap of my thumb.

My phone beeps and rings for a brief moment until my sister appears on my phone screen. Cara looks relaxed lying in transparent linens with her hair tied into a tight but high bun. Her perfect teeth make a reveal when she smiles at me, kindly. Though her humbleness immediately diminishes with aggression when she greets me, "Hey tosser." The conversation between us only develops from there.

Cara begins to discuss the exhaustion that comes from daily photoshoots. Hours and hours on set to take several photos can weigh you and your confidence down when there are several hundred people yelling at you from different angles, so she says. I listen to my older sisters every word, tacitly hinting that I comprehend and I'm here for her choices and decisions as a professional and well-known model.

She mentions the set idea of getting her own flat when she gets back to Manchester. From the brief words I feel internal disappointment, though I try my best not to show it upon my face. Swiftly transitioning to topic to our father and his intentionally secret engagement instead. Cara looks at me, through the phone, unfazed.

"Niall," she says softly. "Don't let his actions get to you." Cara's words are a piece of advice told from experience. "I have before but now, I don't let da's careless actions get to me anymore. That's why I'm often in a good mood. Don't let him get to you, that's all."

"Are you going to go to his wedding?" I ask, unintentionally changing the subject of advice Cara just gave tp me. And with no responsively uttered words from her, Cara shakes her head no.

"It isn't in my agenda to," she answers afterwards. "I'm – we're probably not invited to attend the ceremony anyway." I take her word for it.

In between our brotherly-sisterly discussion with words and stories exchanged between the two of us, an unfamiliar girl flops onto Cara's bed beside her. It almost reminds me of my weekend and a night with Harry. When the both of us, willingly, shared his double bed comfortably. My sister and the dark-haired girl meet for a kiss which causes me to smirk knowingly, an eyebrow raised at the duo.

Cara shrugs nonchalantly at my response. "This –," she points to the paled skin beauty beside her with the dark hair. The pretty stranger smiles softly at me. "This is my girlfriend, Kendall."

DAYS LATER, MUM IS off to Italy. Her upcoming fashion line needs some finishing touches before fashion week. Her abrupt departures are no longer foreign to me, but what is, is before she leaves out the front door of our home, my mother says: "I have a small surprise for you and Harry." The words arise curiosity.

All the same I finally order Cara a purse for Christmas. Something vibrant and fashionable, two things that describe my elder sister. With hopes that she likes it the website informs me that the present will arrive before the week comes to an end. I, also, order something for myself. A pair of Doc Martens. Just to treat myself for the holidays, too.

The burgundy colour of the boots would not only be aesthetically pleasing, but will match along with the jumper I stole from Harry's. Not that he minded in the least.

My attention is taken away from my laptop by the ringing of my doorbell sounding out. With furrowed eyebrows I inwardly hope it's Harry making a surprise visit to see me after his work shift came to an end. But that thought immediately flies out of the window when I open the door, surprised to see Liam and Zayn standing in my doorway with solemn looks on both of their faces.

-

-

-

-

More drama is a-coming between Ziall. Are you ready for it? Do you think the two longtime friends will make up? Do you think Barney will turn green from purple? All in the next chapter.