friends?

OVER 900 READS?! i live for you, i long for you, all haha. Let's get this story too 1K then.

-

-

-

chapter thirty-two. something's gotta give.

 something's gotta give

-

THE GARDEN KNOWN AS my stomach swiftly rids itself of the butterflies that built and cage themselves up within like a habitat, this weekend, disperse. That's only because Harry's car pulls into the driveway of my permanent home instead of his – my perfect getaway for the weekend. That has swiftly past by since Sunday bloomed into a bright sunny day and a cool, incoming winter breeze.

No matter the steady weather, I don't feel steadied in the slightest. Nonetheless Harry announces his arrival, that I can clearly see, and I groan melodramatically because I don't want to leave him. I made that clear the entire ten minute drive from his to mine. And through the wholehearted chuckles and faint laughter Harry made it clear that it's best for me to check-in with my father. Especially since my phone has been off the past weekend since I stayed at Harry's.

Pink lips meet mine in a soft kiss. It feels as if my heart stops to take in the whole feeling of a gesture so simplistic – a simple action from Harry that arises so many indescribable emotions I've never experienced before. Still, I'm besotted with it. And him.

Goodbyes are soon uttered and my feet drag along the pavement leading to my house, my home. My body heat battles against the chilled air, getting colder and colder by the day as we near on to a cold winter to January and beyond.

Just as slow I use my keys to open the door. Revealing my beautiful mother whom I subconsciously smile at. It's always great to see her return — with those habitual burgundy coloured painted lips and fashionable clothing, appropriate for her age. The brunet hair and dark eyes that sparkle in a misty stygian coloured night. My smile transitions into a widen beam.

That is, until, my father clears his throat with such confidence my entire smile fades as my eyes lock with his. They not only meet my fathers eyes but his uncanny companion also. Just as subconscious my eyes land on the left hand of David's; I loudly scowl. There is this prominent hostility surfacing through the atmosphere quickly, though I don't mind it at all. It's a downfall for us all.

"I've been calling you," my mother says nervously. There's an ounce of scolding in her tone but it's so vague I choose to ignore it. That and her uttered words as my eyes stare into the encrusted diamond on my father's fiancés ring. Gold based with several silver diamonds brightening up the whole lounge. Yet it's dampening my train of thought.

I don't say a word to anyone before turning to my only place of sanctuary, my bedroom. My feet trail up the stairs, intentionally ignoring the various calls of my name. I slam my room door behind me as I take in the coloured walls beginning to enclose me, peacefully.