about

I say I might leave, but here I am planning another story to write. Sigh. Hopefully I'll have time to publish it during the school year.

-

-

-

chapter twenty-three. suck it & see.

-

-

The saying never take someone for granted couldn't have anymore accuracy than the encounters I've faced in my life so far. Time, the most interim creation amongst us, is more knowledgeable than a persons actions and characteristics.

I'M SAT STUCK IN another French restaurant because it's Cara's recommendation to eat at another one for my mother's arrival in Manchester, several hours ago. Yet I'm not one to complain as I munch on flavoured macaroons -- coconut and expressos, vanilla, caramel, and mints --. Whilst Cara eats brioche and mum sips on grand marnier, we engage in conversation(s) since the past hour.

About school and photography and relationships because my mother asked about my two friends Zayn and Louis. Then we, kind of, stayed on the topic of relationships when Cara announced to everyone she's, sort of, seeing someone new. But because of distance, my sister doesn't label her new relationship as serious yet. It's good that she's focused on the overture rather than anything else revolving around a developing relationship.

My mother looks over to me questionably, and I falter. I falter because, sure, Harry and I are dating, but we don't have a precise label. And maybe we're both viewing our shift in our relationship differently. What if we aren't on the same page with the same perspective? What if I'm being overdramatic? What if I'm overthinking this? So with an inhaled then an exhaled breath, I say:

"Harry and I are seeing each other. Like going steady, kind of," with the confidence I've always desired that Louis and Harry always had. With the habitual nonchalance that surfaces most of Zayn's demeanour. The qualities that make my friends, my friends, are beginning to rub off of them and onto me. Not that that's a major situation.

My mother gapes. There's shock on every inch of her face. It would frighten and fluster me if I wasn't able to identify the satisfying gleam in her left brown eye and the growing smile beginning to curve up her burgundy coloured painted lips. Then I look to Cara and she looks unfazed, she even shrugs carelessly. I flush when she comments, 'I expected it to happen sooner or later, really.'

Just like a boiling pot I topple over with confessions and rambles. About our upcoming second date and how I have nothing planned for it, still I want it to be original. Like harryandniall original as we frequently are doing loads of things in a signature way. A smile shows on my mother's face as she tells me she has something in mind for me to surprise Harry with.

And when she and Cara give me loads of tips to surprise my best friend with, excitement runs through the pathway from my artery to my warm veins.