Chapter 13

Ben
February 14, 2005

*

Same day

*

I see her across the room.
Of course I see her.

I always see her.

And she's just as fucking beautiful as always. Maybe even more so.

Damn it.

I need to stop looking at her.

This is fucking Valentine's Day. The Holiday for desperate chicks, so why the fuck am I sitting here alone?

You already know the answer to that, you fucking idiot.

Damn it.

I scan the room for the thousandth time. My gaze lands on her, like it always does.

I want her so much, it physically hurts. I couldn't think about anyone else, even if I wanted to.

I don't want to. I want her, only her.

But I fucked it up.
Of course I fucked it up.
Because I'm a fucking idiot.

And now she really hates me. She's been avoiding me this whole time.

It feels like a fucking knife in my chest every time I see her and she's not near me.

I need to touch her soft skin. I want to kiss her sexy lips.

Can lips be sexy?

I don't know, but hers are. Everything about her is perfect.

I need her.

A blonde approaches me, Karen, I think. Fuck, I don't know. Who cares. She pushes her arms up in an attempt to display more of her tits and any other time, I would have been interested.

It's feels like that was another life. Everything feels so different now.

"Hey Ben." She says my name like it's supposed to mean something, but I couldn't care less about what she wants.

Oh shit, I think I may have fooled around with her before. Maybe?

"Hey, sorry, I gotta go. See you around." I stand quickly without a plan of where to go, but I figure I can hide from everyone in my room.

Even her.

I close the door, locking everyone out and stumble to my bed in the dark. Shit, I drank too much trying to ignore the girl across the room.

I feel something strange as I lay down...

I'm not alone. Fuck! Who the hell is in my bed?

"Ben?" I hear her groggy voice and instantly relax.

"Kat? What the fuck? You scared the hell out of me!" Why is she in my bed? Was she sleeping?

"What are you doing here?" Her confusion coming through her scratchy voice.

"What do you mean? In case you forgot, this is my room." I'm too amused to be irritated.

"Oh." She seems to realize where she's at.

"Oh." I chuckle. God, she's so fucking adorable.

"Sorry." I can hear the embarrassment in her voice and even though I can't see her in the dark, I know she's blushing.