Chapter 41

Ben
May 21, 2005

*

Same day

*

I knew she was here from the moment I stepped inside my room.

I wish I could say I just sensed her presence, but honestly I had a few clues. I figured she would try to get her phone back without talking to me, but I didn't expect her to break in.

I could tell immediately that someone had been in my room. My closet door was left open and my picture had been moved.

There is also the faint lingering scent that's purely her. It left my room long ago, but it's back.

She smells fucking amazing.

Then there was my betraying brother. He comes here to get away from mom, why would he be talking to her? I'm not a fucking idiot.

I couldn't hear what they were saying through the door, but I knew.

I knew she was in there.
Avoiding me.

Well, that's about to fucking end, now isn't it? Because there's a little kitty Kat trapped in my closet and it's time for her to come out and play.

"Come on out, darlin'." I try again, but still no response.

I stand, making my way towards the closet. I grip the doorknob, waiting for her to try to turn it.

Still nothing. Could I have been wrong? Why would she close my closet door before running out?

It makes no sense.

She has to be in here. I bet her little brain is getting quite a workout, trying to decide how to get out of this situation.

I wish I could read minds, just to hear the wheels spinning. Just to see what possible idea she has for avoiding me.

I hate to tell her, but there's no way out. She has to get through me and I'm not letting her get away this time.

I open the door to find her huddled in the back corner, wearing one of my sweaters. She looks terrified and so fucking adorable.

"What are you hiding from, Beautiful?" I feel myself smirk, at the thought of finally putting an end to this shit.

She's mine now.

Her eyes dart around and finally settle on a place directly behind me. I chuckle. "Sorry, darlin'. I'm not falling for that."

"Falling for what?" She finally speaks. I can hear the tremble in her voice and I feel like shit knowing she's afraid of me.

"I'm not looking back so you can try to run past me." She sighs, looking directly into my eyes.

God, I missed her. Her eyes, her lips, every fucking thing about her.

I step further into the closet, knowing I will probably have to remove her from her hiding place. She won't come willingly.

I reach up, grabbing a few of my ties, running them through my fingers, just waiting.

I sigh. "Why don't you come on out so we can talk?"

"Can... Can I..." She never finishes her question, but I can see her trembling.

I stuff the ties into my pocket before kneeling down in front of her. I soften my voice and my senses heighten, as though I'm approaching a wild animal. "Can you what, darlin'?"

She springs up suddenly, trying to move past me, but I anticipated this. I catch her around the waist, throwing her over my shoulder.

"Ben! Put me down!" She pounds her little fists on my back, but it's nothing compared to the pain I felt when I lost her.

"What are you doing?" I walk straight to the bed as she continues her attack. "I. Said. Put. Me. Down."

"As you wish, princess." I toss her down onto the bed and she bounces slightly, her mouth hanging open.

She's clearly too shocked to appreciate my awesome reference.

Her eyes move to the door. I already know she's going to try to run, but unlucky for her, I have a plan.

I casually walk over to my lamp and turn it on, as I watch her slowly edge off the bed out if the corner of my bed. She thinks she can make it, but she's wrong.

I head over to the light switch, so I'm standing directly next to the door. She glances towards the bathroom, the only chance she thinks she has.

She's smart, but what she doesn't know is I'm more determined.

I'm not losing her again.

Her eyes go wide as I flip off the light switch. "What are you doing?"

She's now illuminated by the lamp and I'm surrounded by darkness.

I have the upper hand.

"The better question is, what are you doing?" I step up to the foot of the bed, preparing to catch her again.

She raises her chin, gaining some confidence back. "I asked you first."

"Yeah, but I wasn't just hiding in your closet. I think I deserve an explanation, don't you?" I raise my eyebrows, challenging her.

She sighs, turning to face me on the bed. Maybe she isn't going to run this time.

"I just came for my phone. I didn't think you would be here." She mumbles, staring at her hands in her lap, but I catch every word.

"Looks like you were wrong, huh?" She doesn't move a muscle or respond. "So, why were you hiding?"

Her eyes snap up, meeting mine. She wasn't expecting that.

She jumps off the bed, running towards the door, but I catch her again. She wasn't expecting that either.

"You aren't going anywhere, Beautiful." I lay her on the bed gently this time. Sitting down next to her, I hold her down with my hand on her chest. But above her tits, I'm not fondling her.

Yet.

"Sorry, but I think we need to have a little chat." I can feel her heart beating wildly beneath my palm, but she lays completely still.

I wonder how long that will last once I start my plan.

"So let's talk." She glances down at my hand, implying I should move it.

"I don't think so, darlin'. You aren't going anywhere." I'm not letting her run anymore.

"I won't. We can just talk." She looks up at me innocently, but I know better.

"Okay, Beautiful, but only if you can answer one question." She looks hopeful, but it won't last.

"What's the question?" I can't help the smile that takes over my face.

"How do you keep a runner in one place?" Her eyes go wide, but she doesn't speak.

"No answer?" I lean forward, closing the space between us.

She shakes her head, biting her lip as she looks at me skeptically. She has every right to be suspicious.

I lean even closer, until I can feel her breath on my face. Slipping the ties from my pocket, I whisper in her ear. "Tie her down."

Literally.