Chapter 45

Ben
May 21, 2005

*

Same day

*

What the fuck is she doing here? 

I told her to leave. 
I told her I didn't care who she told. 
I just want her out of my life.

And Kat thought I would date her?  I don't even want to see her ugly fake ass, like hell I would ever touch her again.

I finally got up the nerve and she just happens to show up?  How does she know the worst possible moment to ruin?

Okay... maybe while Kat was tied up would have been the absolute worst time, but this one is pretty close.

Her obnoxious voice comes through the door again.  "Open the door, JB." 

My jaw clenches at my old nickname.  I hated it then, but I find it intolerable now.  God, she's so fucking annoying.  It's almost like she does it on purpose.

Who am I kidding?  Of course the crazy bitch does it on purpose.

I walk to the door, watching Kat to make sure she doesn't bolt.  I grit my teeth as I turn the lock.  The door knob turns before I can even grab it.

I barely make it out of the way before the door swings open.  Samantha barges in without apology. Her eyes scan the room and focus on Kat.

"Not dating anymore, huh?"  Her creepy smile transforming her into a villain again. 

She could pass for Cruella Deville.  Guess that makes Kat a Dalmatian.

Kat's eyes snap to mine.  I can already tell she wants to grill my ass.  Sorry, Beautiful, it will have to wait.

"Not that it's any of your fucking business, but that might be changing."  I smirk, crossing my arms over my chest.  "Now get the fuck out so we can get back to what we were doing before you barged your annoying fake ass in here."

If she's upset about what I said, she doesn't show it.  Her eyes never left Kat, even a I spoke. 

"Okay, here's the deal."  Her gaze is still zeroed in on my little hurricane.  "You and your ugly face need to leave and don't bother coming back.  Ben will be with me like he should be and everything will be fine."

"The hell it will be."  I take a step towards Kat, preparing myself to defend her.

Kat moves forward, closer to me, but not close enough that I can reach out to touch her.  Her eyes meet mine briefly before she turns them on Samantha.  "I think I should go."

What the fuck?

Oh no.  This is not happening.

I point to Kat. "Don't you even think about it.  You are not the one that's leaving." 

I take another step forward, into the danger zone.  I am directly in front of Samantha, with my finger in her face.  "You will leave.  You will never say another word to Kat.  If you even look at her again, you will have to deal with me."

She scoffs, stomping her foot, but I can see the fear in her eyes.  "You wouldn't hurt me, Benny."

"Why don't you fucking try me."  I keep my voice harsh and try to look as intimidating as possible.  Maybe she will finally leave be the fuck alone.

Her facade drops slightly, her fear clearly displayed on her face for just a second.

"If you so much as think about Kat..."
I cross my arms over my chest again, hoping I look and sound as pissed as I feel.  "I. Will. Fucking. End. You." 

She gasps, stumbling slightly as she takes a step back.

"You know I can, too."  I raise my eyebrows, waiting for her response, but nothing comes out of her gaping mouth.

"Say it, so I know you fucking understand."  I need to make sure she gets that this is not an empty threat.

She swallows, her eyes glued to the floor.  "I can't talk, look or think about Kat-"

"Don't you fucking say her name."  I'm in her face again so quickly, she finches.  I would never hit a chick, but she doesn't need to know that.  "You don't even deserve to breathe the same air as her."

She sighs, but looks up at me this time.  "I can't talk, look or think about her."  Her eyes don't leave mine.  Well, I guess she finally gets it.

"And what happens if you do?"  I can see her body betraying her calm facade.  Her arms tremble, as she crosses them in front of her.  Her hands latch onto her arms so hard I can see the white of her knuckles.

Her reply is hesitant, breaking as though her true voice is rarely used.  "You... You w-w-will... end me." 

If only the stuttering made me feel bad about this.  If it were Kat, I would think she was fucking adorable and I would feel like dog shit for treating her this way.

But she isn't Kat.
She will never even come close. 

"That's right.  And if I ever hear you say anything about her looks again, they won't be able to find your fucking body."  She's staring at me with her mouth hanging open, and I wonder if I went too far. 

She pushed me into this. 

I told her to leave and she wouldn't listen.  She made Kat think we were dating.  She made my life a living hell.  Then she interrupted my moment, which pissed me the hell off.   But insulting Kat, that was the fucking end of it. 

No more of her shit.

I step forward, causing her to stumble back, as though I might hurt her.  I want to roll my eyes at her dramatics, but she might think it's a momentary sign of weakness. 

"Oh and in case you can't figure this part out..."  I turn her words against her. "You and your ugly face need to leave and don't bother coming back."

She turns, reaching out for the door like it will protect her, but I'm not done yet.  "Oh and Kat will be with me like she should be and everything will be fine."

She doesn't even look back before rushing out the door and out of my life, hopefully forever.

I bound over to Kat, my excitement bubbling up as I wrap my arms around her.  "Thank you for staying." 

I kiss her nose, before swinging her her around in my arms. 

I sing loudly, startling her.  "Ding, dong, the bitch is dead!  Which old bitch?"

Kai's voice fills my room from outside the door.  "The wicked bitch!"  He's so fucking loud.

Kat giggles as I set her on her feet, but I'm not done. "Ding, dong, the wicked bitch is dead!"

She rolls her eyes, but continues smiling up at me.  I spin her around and dip her back.

The look of shock on her face is adorable.  She's so fucking perfect.

This day is fucking perfect.

Kat has feelings for me.
The Bitch is dead. 

Okay, not dead, but gone at least.  Close enough. 

As I wrap my arms around her, I know that everything is right in the world.