Heartbreak Girl ~Tate

Tate P.O.V

I love Y/N. She moved in four years ago and we've even best friends ever since. I love everything about her. I love the way her nose would crinkle when she was reading something interesting. I love the way she would lip sync in front of her mirror to all her favourite songs. I love the way she'd bite her nails when she got nervous. I love when she laughs so hard that she ends up snorting. I love everything about her but she doesn't know that.

I told her last year about me being dead. She accepted it but made me promise to never watch her. She's so insecure. That doesn't stop me from watching her. I can't help it. There's not a lot to do in this house and watching her is just so entertaining.

That's what I was doing now. Watching her. She and her boyfriend where sitting on her bed. I hated him and I know what you're thinking, that I'm just being jealous. Maybe part of my hatred is jealousy but he's not a nice person. His names Jake. Personally I think he's a dick. I've told Y/N many times that he's bad news but she just laughs and tells me to stop worrying.

I watched as they both where laughing at something he said. My blood boiled as I sat on her desk chair. I know it's not right to spy on someone but I'm just looking out for her. I watched as Jake scooted closer to her on the bed. I knew what was going to happen next. He was going to kiss her.

I watched as he leaned in and there lips meet. I could feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. That should be me, not him. The pain was becoming unbearable and I nearly left but stopped when I heard Y/N speak.

She put her hand on his chest and pushed him gently "I'm so sorry Jake. I just don't know if I'm ready." She said looking down.

I was standing right in front of them now eagerly waiting to see what happened next. I heard Jake sigh. He began to stand up and walk to the door. He stopped and turned round to face the now worried Y/N.

"What the fuck is wrong with you. I mean look at me. I'm the high school jock and you're you." He said signalling to Y/N. I could see Y/Ns eyes beginning to gloss. "We're over. All I wanted to do was get into your pants but it's been three weeks and you won't even kiss me." He shouted at her. How could he say this. I wanted to punch him so badly but I couldn't or Y/N would've known I was watching her. I watched as Y/N sat on her bed looking down at her hands. She muttered a sorry.

"Don't be sorry. Just don't talk to me ever again. When I'm finished with you the whole school will know how much of a freak you are." He shouted at Y/N and slammed the door shut. I watch Jake get into his fancy car and drive away. I turn to look at Y/N and see a single tear fall from her cheek.

I couldn't resist myself I had to speak to her. I made myself visible and she jumped a little.

"Tate" she spoke wiping her eyes with her jumper sleeve. I softly smiled and walked over to her.

"I saw what happened, please don't let him make you feel this way. You're so much better than him." I say holding her hand. I know she won't believe me.

"'You where watching me?" She asks looking more vulnerable than ever.

"Y/N I heard him shouting and came upstairs to make sure you where all right." I lied.

"I just couldn't do it Tate." She said as she began to heavy cry. I pulled her into a hug. "I couldn't kiss him. I didn't want to. I don't love him. I never did. I love someone else." She said in between sobs. I shushed her and stroked her hair. This was so unlike Y/N. It was normally the other way around. She was normally comforting me after my mother shouted at me. In a weird way I kinda liked it.

"Y/N none of that was your fault. He shouldn't have made you do anything you didn't feel comfortable doing. You're so much better than him. Please don't beat yourself up about this. Any guy in the world would be lucky to have you." I whispered trying to get her to stop crying. She eventually stopped sniffing and sat up. Her eyes where bloodshot and her face was all blotchy from crying.

"I'm so sorry Tate." She said and looked at my shirt. It was wet from her tears. I shrugged

"It's fine I think it looks better this way." I say smiling trying to get her to laugh. She smiled a little.

"Thank you Tate. I don't know what I would've done without you." She says looking into my eyes. I blush a little. "No I really mean it. I couldn't kiss him because I don't have feeling for him. I think I love someone else." She says looking down again.

"It's okay Y/N you don't need to explain yourself to me." I say oblivious.

"Tate. It's you." She says and looks up hopefully. I could feel my checks turning red and in that moment I found a new source of confidence.

I took her face in my hands and gently kissed her lips. I feel her lips curve into a smile.

"That's good because I think I love you too." I say breaking the silence.

•••••••••••••

That's my summer break officially begun whoop whoop. When do your summer holidays start. Please remember if you ever have a request just message me I'll be more than happy to attempt it. Also I know a lot of people don't like 5SOS but this song just goes so well with this imagine. Thanks again. Bye xx

~Abbie💕