Gunshots 2~Tate

"Are you alright mam?" Someone questions me. I look up to see a police officer with his hand on my shoulder. He sounds distant. I stand up trying to speak but nothing comes out. His eyebrows furrow in concern.

My head spins around looking for Tate again. As mush as he's messed up he's still my best friend. I've got to know he's safe. He's not here. I started walking home, a few people tried to speak to me but I shrugged them off.

The trip home left me with my thoughts. I didn't notice when I had opened the gate to his house. I didn't even notice when I opened his door. I only noticed when I felt the hardwood under my feet as I walked up the stairs.

I admired the photo frames on the wall leading up the stairs. There was a few of Addy and Tate when they where younger. A few of Tate by himself in his oversized jumper. One photo in particular caught my eye. It was of me and Tate. I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was my fourteenth birthday and Tate had surprised me with a cake that he made. Looking back at it now I realise that it was a hot mess but at the time I thought it was the most beautiful cake I'd ever seen.

In the photo I'm hugging Tate and he's smiling to the camera. My lips curve into a small smile as I gently place my finger on the photo. If only I could go back to that day and tell Tate that everything was going to be alright. That he could have told me anything. That id always be here for him no matter what. But it's to late now.

I make the short trip from the hall to Tate's room. It's just how I remembered it but it feels different now. It's not the place where we'd stay up all night talking. It's not the place where I'd hold him if he felt scared. All I can think is that it's the place he felt alone. Like he had no one and not even his best friend could help him.

He was sitting on the bed. I walked over too him. I didn't know what I was going to say. I didn't even know what I was doing here. But I know that I'm not scared of him. I can't be scared of him.

I sat next to him and we sat in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was never awkward with Tate. It was the type of silence that's accepting. Like we both new what was happening next.

"I done something bad didn't I?" Tate questions his face paints gone and his hairs back to his usual blonde curly locks. He looks like the old Tate. I want to tell him no, that everything will be alright. That after this we're going to go down to the beach like we always do and have a picnic. I can't tell him that because it's not true.

"Why'd you do it Tate? Why'd you throw away your life?" I ask facing him. I watch as he tries to come up with an answer.

"I couldn't deal with it anymore. You where miserable Y/N and it was because of them." He pauses and I can see hatred in his eyes. " I wanted you to be happy. I wanted them to pay for ever treating you like that!" He shouts holding my hand.

"Tate they were rude to us and I wanted them to stop but not like this . Never like this." I say and a tear rolls down his face.

"All I wanted was it to be like when we where younger, you know? Like do u remember that day that we both got detention for pretend fighting in class." He says and I let out a small laugh remembering the memory. "Or like when you would be scared of thunder so every time there would be a storm you'd always come over to mines and I'd do anything to distract you." He says causing us both to smile. A sudden realisation hits me. We'll never be able to do any of that again.

I burst into tears and throw myself into his arms. We sit there, both sobbing into each other, hugging tightly as if we knew it'd be the last time. Until I pull away. His face is tear stained and red from crying. I hear the front door open and loud footsteps coming towards us.

"What do we do now?" I ask him and he wipes his face with his jumper sleeve.

"They're going to come in here and you're going to say that I'm keeping you captive. They'll let you go free and you won't get hurt." He says holding my shoulders.

"W-what? I can't do that Tate." I say but it's to late the door flys open and Tate jumps of the bed. His arms are wrapped around my chest and my back is pressed agains him. I watch as five gunmen enter the room. They all begin screaming but I can't focus on what they're saying. I'm trying to take in everything about Tate. His scent fills my nostrils and his scratchy jumper rubs agains my arms. The feeling of him holding me doesn't feel threatening, it feels safe. But I know they'll think different.

"I never got to tell you before." Tate whispers in my ear as I look ahead at the men. "That I love you more than anything Y/N. You were all I could think about. My whole world evolved around you and I wouldn't have changed it." I begin sobbing again knowing that it's to late to change it even if he wanted to. "I want you to know that you're beautiful, inside and out. I want you to know that when I'm gone I'll always be here for you. I'll watch over you. Like an angel. I'll keep you safe. Always." He breaths out and I can tell that he's crying by the way his body is shaking.

"I l-love you to Tate." Is all that I can manage to say back.

"That's all I've ever wanted." He whispers and before I can reply he throws me away. My brain doesn't register what he's doing until I hit the ground. I look up at him, the shots deafening my ears as I scream out. I watch Tate's lifeless body as it falls to the ground.

I stand up and run over to him until I feel a force hit my back. It's not like anything I've experienced before. I land on my chest centimetres away from Tate. I feel my lungs fail as I fight desperately for air. It takes all my energy to place my hand on Tate's cold hand and look into his eyes.

That's the last thing I see. I never thought it would end like this. I never thought that this was how I'd spend my last second on this earth. I never thought I'd die holding hands with my best friend.

•••••••••••

Oh my this was so sad. I'm so sorry for this ahaha. I really want to write a part 3 but I feel as if 3 parts it's too much and no one would read it. Thanks for the comments and votes again💖

~Abbie💕