Fear~Kyle

I loved the water, always have, always will. I loved the feeling of being weightless. I loved submerging myself as the whole world around me goes silent. I have loved it ever since I was a kid. I would always be in the pool. When we went on holiday all I wanted to do was swim. I just wish Kyle shared the same interest.

He hated the water for the same reasons I loved it. When we first started dating I tried to get him to come in but he was always to scared. That's what we where doing the now , swimming. Well I was swimming and he was lying on the sun lounger watching me.

Kyle's P.O.V

I watched Y/N as she effortlessly dived into the pool of water. She made it look so easy. Even the thought of swimming would panic me. Every time she was under there for a little too long I would feel my heart begin to race. It terrifies me knowing that I couldn't do anything even if she did hurt herself in there.

I watch as she pushes the now wet stray hairs behind her ear. She was so perfect. This was my favourite, when she didn't have her make up on and her hair was just messily tied up into a bobble. She was grinning as she waved her hand to me in a 'come here' kind of motion. I shake my head and she frowns a little but then submerges herself again.

I watch as she gracefully swims through the water. She rises up for air then disappears again. A few seconds go by and I still don't see her. I sit up on the edge of my chair. The next thing I see is her feet in the air waving. I sigh in relief, she's only doing a handstand.

Her head sticks out the water and she blows a kiss to me. I laugh and blow one back. She's always happy in the water. It's like she's a kid again and seeing her happy makes me happy.

I watch her as her eyes wander off to a couple in the pool. They look around the same age as us and are swimming together and laughing. I see a little flash of sadness go through Y/Ns eyes and it breaks my heart. She'd never tell me but I know what she's thinking. She wishes that could be us.

I breath out a heavy sigh and stand up. If the person I love most in the world wants me to swim then I'll swim. I watch as her face goes into a concerned look as I take my shirt off. She mouths 'what's wrong' to me but I just smile back. Am I really going to do this?

I walk over to the edge of the pool and sit down. I count down from three in my head and gently slide into the pool. The water only goes up to my waist but I immediately start to panic. Y/N swims over to me and stops right in front of me.

"Kyle you don't have to do this." She says her eyebrows furrowed.

"I know but I want to and how bad can it be?" I say laughing a little to hide how I'm feeling. Her face lights up and she hugs me tightly.

"I'm so proud of you Kyle!" She squeals from excitement. She lets me go from her tight hug and beams up at me. Her smile makes me forget the way I'm feeling. I know if she wasn't here then I couldn't do this.

I notice a step in the water and slowly sit down. Y/N swims over to me and stands in between my legs. "I'm no professional swimmer but it's a start." I say as I snake my hands around her waist.

"I couldn't love you more Kyle." She says as she leans her head on my chest. I completely forget that I was ever scared of water. I hug her tightly as she sighs in content.

"I think I'm starting to like this." I whisper in her ear as her hand gently bounces on the water. She stands up and turns to face me

"I can't believe you'd do this for me." She says placing her arms on my shoulder. I replace my hands on her hips and she leans her head in the crook of my neck.

"Why? You know I'd do anything for you Y/N." I say and I really mean it.

"I know but water was like your biggest fear Kyle." She says and I can feel her hot breath on my neck.

"Y/N my love for you overcomes anything."I say and she moves her head so she can look at me. She quickly kisses me on the lips and before it gets serious she pulls away.

"Let's teach you how to swim!" She says and I giggle at her eagerness. I couldn't picture anyone else but her teaching me to swim. I think to myself as she looks at me hopefully. Maybe waters not my fear. Maybe I'm just afraid of being alone in the water and I know she'd never leave me.

••••••••••••

Wow I can't believe this is the 20th part already. This books gotten so popular recently and I'm so happy ☺️. I hope you guys are all having a great summer☀️

~Abbie💕