Drunk~Jimmy

My phone rang through my apartment waking me up from my sleep. I picked up and looked at the time. It was four am. Who could be calling me at this time?

"Hello?" I croaked into the phone.

"Y/N is that you?" I heard the person from the other line say. It was Eve. I knew that voice anywhere. Even though it had been nearly a year since I saw her.

"Eve?" I said back. A second passes until she spoke.

"I'm so happy I got you. It's Jimmy. He's getting bad again." She said hesitantly. My ears pricked up at his name. Jimmy was my best friend since we where kids. His mum took me in after mines died. I lived in the freak show all my life, until last year that is.

I had wanted to be an actress and Jimmy had told me to go for it. I still remember the day I left. I had finally told him I loved him. But he shut me down. I was heartbroken. I pushed the horrible thoughts away.

"I'm on my way Eve. Just don't let him hurt himself." I stated into the phone as I hurriedly got dressed. I heard Eve mutter a thanks before I hung up.

I arrived at the camp site and raced into the main tent. Eve was sitting with a few of the others around a table. They all looked fed up. Eve's eyes lit up when she saw me and she ran to hug me.

"We've all missed you so much Y/N." She sadly said and I could hear the strain in her voice. I forgot how much I missed my family. All I could do was nod my head and she understood. "He's in his room." She stated and I turned to walk away. Her hand stopped me as she gently touched my arm.

"Be careful Y/N. Ever since you left, he's not be the same." She said and I reassuringly smiled up at her. I knew this was going to be hard.

I found my way to Jimmy's caravan and I braced myself for what had to come. I went to knock but decided against it and entered.

Jimmy was sprawled on his bed in what looked like yesterday's clothes. There was a messy trail from the door to his bed of bottles and beer cans. The sight of him made my heart break.

"Oh Jimmy." I whispered and his eyes shot open. His brow creased when he saw me.

"Get out." He said and sat up.

"Wh-what?" I whimpered as he looked around his room for another drink.

"If you're here to pity me, get out." He grunts swirling a bottle in the air then downing it.

"I'm not here to pity you Jimmy." I state and sit on the bed. I don't really know what I'm going to say but I've got to help him.

"Then what are you here to do Y/N. Shout at me? Gloat about how great your life is? Cause if you're here to do that then leave." He says slurring his words a little.

"You're drunk Jimmy. I thought you changed. You where better when I left." I reply. Jimmy laughs and takes another swig of his drink.

"Well a lot has changed since you left doll." He scoffs. He uses the nickname we used as kids but it's not the same. It was full of spite and hatred.

"You pushed me away. I loved you and you told me to leave." I shouted finally getting the words out. Jimmy faces me and I can see that his eyes are bloodshot from crying.

"You left. Dot and Bette left. Ma left." He says and his voice breaks at the end. His eyes gloss over and a tear falls out.

"Where were you Y/N? You didn't even come to her funeral. She treated you like her own and you didn't even call." He shouts more upset than angry. If only he knew. I was there, at the funeral. Standing at the back. I had wanted to speak to him but Elsa had told me not to. She said that he was 'finally over me' and If I came back it would only make things worse.

Jimmy was right. Ethel's death crushed me. I had wanted nothing more than to run back to Jimmy and make sure he was alright. But I couldn't do that.

"I know and I'm so sorry. I can't undo what I've done. But you can. You can get better again. I'll help you." I plead. He puts down the bottle and wipes away his tears.

"I can't. I've got no one. There's no reason to live anymore Y/N." He says and I gently grab his face making him look me in the eye.

"Don't say that. You know it's not true. You have me." I say and he closes his eyes and breaths in.

"But I don't. You'll leave again and I'll be on my own." He shudders and our faces are so close that I can smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Then let me stay. Don't push me away again Jimmy. Let me help you."I whisper and he presses his forehead to mines. He nods his head breathing out a shaky sigh. We sit there holding each other for a while until I stand up.

"Y/N?" Jimmy panics and he looks like a lost puppy.

"Don't worry I'm just going to sleep in the main tent. I'm not going to leave." I smile trying to comfort him.

"Please don't go. Stay here." He begs and I can't say no to that face. I'm to tired to fight. I walk over to his bed kicking off my shoes. I climb into his bed and hug him from behind.

"Thanks for coming back I don't know what I'd have done without you." He says and I hear his voice crack. I shush him and draw little circles on his arm with my finger tips trying to comfort him.

"It's okay. Just go to sleep. I'm not going anywhere." I whisper and with that we both fall off into a deep sleep.

••••••••••••

This was a request from @tapandafan I hope you like it. I changed a few points but tried to keep to the request. So many of you have sent in requests and I'm in the process of doing them. I'm so so so happy that you guys are sending in requests. Thanks so much for the support.

~Abbie💕