Gunshots~Tate

I was sitting in history when I heard the shots. There was a deadly silence and then the whole class started to riot. I had no clue what was going on but everyone started pushing out the door. I followed the crowd seeing people crying and screaming. I figured that there must have been a shooting and everyone was trying to leave the school.

I immediately started to scan the mass of crowds for my best friend. I ended up on the bottom floor. I stood in the hall as everyone pushed past me running for the main doors. I couldn't see him. I doubt I would have saw him even if he was in the crowd.

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed in defeat. The girl who I sat next to in math class was running out of the opposite corridor. I waved at her and she ran over to me grabbing my arm. "Tate." She said heavy breathing my face lit up and I placed my hands on her shoulders so she would look at me. She was terrified. Her eyes kept darting around the room as if she was running from someone.

"You saw Tate! Where was he?" I say and she glared at the library door.

"Heading to the library." She stuttered out and I let go of her. I began running to the door until she called out "No don't go in there!" I turned back around to see her being carried away by the crowd.

"I have to find him!" I shouted back at no one. I opened the door and it led me into a long white hall. It had three doors to the right which where classrooms and one main door at the very end of the hall. That was the library. I ran down the hall and got to the library.

I grabbed the door handle and that's when I heard it again. Gunshots. Three gunshots. One after the other. They were much louder now and I knew that it was coming from inside. I opened the door and looked around the room. I noticed kids running out the opposite door and others crouching under tables.

My eyes darted around the room looking for his face. He wasn't here.

"Tate!" I shouted out as I got on my hands and knees. I crawled on the ground looking at the terrified faces trying to find him. I crawled around the corner and saw him. He had his back to me but I knew it was him. The countless days I had spent sitting talking with him. His hair looked different from usual. It was slick back and gelled but I knew that it definitely was him.

I stood up and ran over to him. I grabbed his arm and began tugging on it. "We gotta go Tate. Someone's in the school!" I said heavy breathing. I felt his arm tense and I turned to see him. His eyes were full of terror and his face was painted. It was a skull almost like something you'd see on Halloween.

"Y/N!" He says as his face filled with shock. Why wasn't he running? "No no no no!" He started shouting and banging his hand against his head. "You weren't supposed to be here. You said you weren't coming in today" he states more to himself than to me.

"Come on Tate it's no time for that. We're in danger." I say tugging on his arm again. He looks at me and pulls his arm away.

"You need to get out of here Y/N!" Tate growls and I don't understand what he means. I look down at his hand and see it. The gun. Tightly gripped in his pale hand. I stumble back and he looks down.

"I-it's you." I stutter. I can't believe it. I can feel my throat closing up from panicking. "It c-can't be." I say barely above a whisper and Tate looks ashamed.

He grabs my jaw with his hands and I I begin to feel dizzy. This can't be happening. "Listen to me Y/N." He shouts causing me to look into his eyes. "You're going to get out of here. You're going to run as fast as you can and never look back." He says lifting my face up so I'm facing him. "Promise me." He quickly says and I don't know how to respond. I nod my head and he smiles. "I love you Y/N. Never forget that." He whispers before turning away.

I begin running. I don't know where I'm going but I know that I have to get out of here. It can't be Tate. He wouldn't do such a thing. Not the Tate I knew. The Tate I knew would stay up all night just so he knew that I was okay. They Tate I knew would comfort me when I was crying. This can't be him.

My knees began to feel weak as I ran out of the main doors. I ran onto the street and looked around me. Ambulances and police cars filled the roads.

I feel onto my knees and started to throw up. My vision began to become blurry as I started to feel hot tears streaming down my face.

All I could think about was how this couldn't of been real. This has to be a dream, some sort of sick nightmare.

••••••••

I was maybe thinking about a part 2 for this, would anyone be interested? I'm currently re-watching murder house because I have nothing better to do with my time and oh my I forgot how much I loved Tate. I mean if you can look by the whole 'psychopath' thing😂

~Abbie💕