• 15: Blue •

Melody

Hope you got home okay – Carson

Carson White; 3:32pm

Carson and I ended up exchanging phone numbers and it made me delighted to know that I had someone other than my agent to text. I mean, I wouldn't go crazy and annoy Carson, but it was nice to know that I could text him if I wanted to.

I did. Hope you did too.

Melody Reese; 3:34pm

I couldn't squash the bubbly feeling inside me. I almost didn't mind the family dinner I was about to have. I took the white shirt off under my black dress and paired it with a cardigan before I quickly brushed my hair. When I skipped down the stairs and into the dining room, everyone was already seated.

"You're late," Margot said stiffly.

"Sorry! I didn't hear the bell!" I chirped, ignoring her sour remark. Mia's eyebrows rose at the perkiness of my reaction.

"Why are you so happy?" she asked.

I shrugged. "No reason," I replied with a smile. My dad grinned as I sat down.

"Did you get the job?" He guessed. That wiped the smile off my face.

"No," I mumbled. I was still disappointed about it, and worse, I was now disappointing him too.

"That's okay, you'll get the next one!" My dad replied with a smile. He always said that, but I thought that even he was beginning not to believe it either.

"So, as I was saying..." Margot started loudly, desperately trying to get the attention back on her. Once my dad was looking at her and no longer at me, she continued whatever nonsense she was on about before I came downstairs.

Leslie brought out the dinner, which was chicken Parmesan, and everyone began eating. I focused on the chicken first, picking off the melted cheese and limited the amount of pasta I ate. Empty carbs were a no-no if I wanted to work in the modelling industry.

"Girls, I wanted to tell you that I am going away for the weekend and taking this lovely lady with me!" My dad announced gesturing to Margot. She grinned at him and nodded.

"Does that mean we get the house to ourselves?" Mia asked excitedly.

"Yes, we're leaving Thursday afternoon and coming back on Sunday morning. But please, no wild parties or craziness," my dad answered. I smirked at that. I'm glad he said it, so I didn't have to.

When she wasn't shopping, Mia went to a community college thirty minutes away for Communications, though I couldn't see her communicating with anyone effectively anytime soon. But since she was close by, she had her college friends and a few high school friends that notoriously crashed parties. I didn't want that in my house ever, but the look on her face told me I just might have the pleasure.

"Of course not," I replied hastily. My dad smiled at that and Margot pretended as if I hadn't spoken.

The rest of dinner went by uneventfully. I was quiet as I watched everyone else interact and eat dessert. I managed to avoid eating it, claiming I was full, and luckily, Margot was mid story, so she ignored me yet again. I was soon able to go upstairs and immediately changed into sweats.

I found myself in the basement and jogged on the treadmill, determined to burn off my dinner. My feet propelled me until I felt dizzy enough to stop. After a set of sit-ups and push-ups, I came upstairs for water before disappearing into my room for the night. After taking a shower and putting on comfy pajamas, I flopped onto my bed and picked up my phone.