• 35: Instafame •

OKAY BUT LISTEN TO THIS:

OKAY BUT ALSO THIS:

Anyways, back to the story:

Melody

Carson and I pulled up at a little brick building that had a large window facing towards us. It let us look in at the round white tables with people sitting around them. Some were with other people, white ceramic mugs in hand, while others sat with their laptops, drinks off to the side.

"Carson! This is adorable!" I'm sure he wasn't fully parked when I got out of the car, because I heard his laughter behind me as I shut the door. While running to avoid the drops of rain, I heard the engine switch off and Carson's door open and close. I stood under the little roof that hung over the front wall of the building, shielding me from the rain.

Carson came jogging under towards me, and grinned. "You like it?" As we began stepping towards the door, I nodded eagerly, making his smile widen. "Good, then after you," he said opening the white, wooden door.

When we stepped inside, all I could do was look around excitedly for a couple moments. I was engulfed in the sweet smell of coffee beans with a hint of vanilla. There was music playing over the speakers, mixing with the rain and light chatter of people to create a symphony in itself. It wasn't a very big room, rather a cozy place contained in white walls, and floors made of dark wood. A big corner was dedicated to a beautiful glass bookshelf with four beanbags in an assortment of reds around it. There were different tables with chairs scattered across the room, with marble tops that matched the front counter. The amounts of windows made the room extremely lit, leaving only fairy lights and the occasional overhead fixture to do the rest.

I bounced eagerly on my toes, waiting for Carson's lead. He smiled at me, lacing his fingers between mine. It brought heat to cheeks and made my heart do an ungraceful twirl in my chest. We walked to the counter and the girl working there smiled at us.

"Hi there! What would you like today?" She chirped. Her cheery disposition made me smile and cringe at the same time. I didn't believe it was possible to be that cheerful naturally, but it was nice to see someone who seemed like she could pull it off.

Carson looked at me to order, and I bit my lip nervously while glancing at the menu. Coffee could be okay. I could be okay with it.

"A small vanilla latte? With coconut milk?" It was an order, but it sounded like a question. The girl punched it in without batting an eye, and I glanced at Carson.

"A chai latte for me and two waters," he added.

"Is that all?" The girl queried happily. Carson and I nodded then she girl punched in his orders and rang it all up. Carson pulled out his wallet.

"Wait, are you sure?" I asked. He nodded with a grin and paid the total. "Thank you," I told him sincerely.

"The order will be brought to you! Enjoy!" The girl said, gesturing to the coffee shop. Carson let me lead the way, and we ended up at a table near a window, but away from the door.

"So, why did you pick a coffee shop?" I asked, a smile tugging on the corners of my mouth.

"Because I like you a latte," Carson said with a wink. My cheeks heated and I grinned at him.

"You're the cheesiest," I giggled. I tucked my brown hair behind my ear. "I like you a latte too."

"I'm glad," Carson said, making my cheeks feel even warmer than before. "And I chose here because I wanted to take you out, but I wanted it to be relaxing for you."

Before I could say anything, our lattes were brought to us, making me grin as it had pretty little designs in them. Carson reached for his mug, and my hand went out to stop him.

"Don't touch!" I exclaimed taking out my phone to get pictures of the coffee in the adorable white mugs.

"Is that for Instagram? Are you trying to get that Instafame?" Carson teased when I finished. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"No! I don't even have an account," I told him. "Well, I do, but it's not a real one... just a private one where I look at fashion and artsy pictures." The heat of embarrassment seemed to spread from my cheeks to all over my face. Normal people connected with friends via social media. Even Gavin kept trying to make me get social media, but I was terrified people I knew would leave horrible comments on there, so I always refused.

"Aw, that's too bad. You could have posted the pictures with a caption saying, 'date with the most handsome guy ever!' and then added a bunch of hearts," Carson winked.

"Oh definitely! I'll make sure everyone knows that's the only thing that got me here," I said narrowing my eyes. Carson's eyes widened, feigning shock and I cracked a wicked smile, making both of us laugh again.

I looked down at my latte and willed myself to drink it without feeling uncomfortable. Carson met my eyes and smiled encouragingly at me. I usually didn't drink my calories, but at least this would help me have enough energy to do some homework tonight. I gave him a small smile, which probably looked like a grimace.

"So, I know it was out of the blue and awkward earlier but, do you actually want to come to the party with me?" Carson asked. His honey brown eyes peered at me, reading my face.

"If you'd like me there..." I murmured. I wanted to be there with him, but maybe he was hoping I'd changed my mind. Maybe he only invited me out of pity, or because he wanted to piss off Rose.

"I'd love it if you came," Carson told me. I searched his face, looking for a tell; the giveaway. Maybe he was lying, and I'd see it in his eyes. But there was nothing there. There was a possibility he was being genuine, and he really did want me with him. I buried my grin by picking up my coffee cup and taking a sip of the warm latte inside. It actually tasted delicious.

"I'm going shopping with Alani tomorrow," I said after I'd finished taking my smile-hiding sip. I held the warm mug in my hand and looked down at it. "I can get my costume then."

"So, you're going to dress up now?" Carson asked.

"Well, it's a costume party, right?"

Carson grinned. "Yeah! What are you going to be?"

"I don't know yet, but hopefully something cute," I said.

"Anything you wear will be cute... and text me what you decide." Carson winked. I nodded though I couldn't help but wonder what he was up to.

______________

Author's Note: Fun fact! Part of this note was written before the chapter was because was soo excited even though only a couple paragraphs were written! I hope you listened to the songs at the beginning. I'm excited about the developing dynamic between these two! Vote and comment if you liked it! :D