5| Needy-ass Writers

Hi guys sorry for disappearing, I've been writing a porno on a account you'll never knowwwww

It is also the birthday of a very special person to me so y'all should wish the person a happy happy birthday :D

::

Okay so imma rant about needy writers

So most of you probably know wattpad's rule about vote trading: it's completely out of the question.

For those of you who aren't aware of what vote trading is, it's basically asking someone to vote on all your chapters without reading it on the condition that you'll do the same to them.

I would understand why it's 'illegal', but like all banned things in life, people will still do them anyway.

I guess my issue here isn't really vote trading.

It's the fact that some of these authors will shamelessly write on their book, "OMG, so many votes! I can't believe you guys! Thank you so much!"

True story.

I caught out one or two people doing this when I was new to Wattpad. I didn't know how things around here worked, so I'd just posted up my new book, and a little while later I got a message.

"Hello!!!! I saw you're new here and I was wondering whether you could vote on all my book chapters and I'll do the same for yours!!! Thanks!!!"

And so my bright new Wattpad self was like hey, that doesn't seem too bad, let's do it.

And then I actually decided to read their book to see if it was any good, and it wasn't too bad. But then the aforementioned A/N showed up multiple times and u was like what the hell?

Like dude, I know that none of those votes are real.

This motherfucker was just acting like they were.

To be fair, perhaps some of them were real, but I guess that her having asked me to vote on all chapters made me really doubt that.

When you're a new writer on Wattpad, I completely understand how frustrating it gets. You sit there, wondering how you can get your book noticed in the seemingly infinite flood of books that are already there. But try not to get to that point of desperation, please?!

And to make matters worse, another thing I can't stand is these same authors who take the opportunity to pounce on you and milk the shit out of you because they know that you're new around here.

These same authors, after I'd voted on their chapters and whatnot, had the nerve to ask for more shit.

"Hey again! Thanks for voting on everything! While you're at it, wanna read my other 65 books and vote on all their 300 chapters as well as commenting on every sentence and then leaving a complete summary on my message board?!! That'd be great!!!"

"Um...okay...what's in it for me this time?" I ask.

"I'll follow you! I always follow back!!! Thanks so much again!!!!!"

Then I'm like, fuck you, I don't know what bullshit you think this

It's like when a guy asks for head, you give it to him, then his repayment is a kiss

Like nah, bruh. Quid pro quo.

I haven't given head yuck yuck I was just making an illustration for you

Anyway don't be a needy writer fam
::

Now imma go watch the finals because FRANCE MUST BE DESTROYED coz they kicked out my boys

::