26| Types of Re-Edits

Heya! Sorry I've been a bit MIA, but when you're a combination of lazy and busy, things don't really get done tbh

Finally got my braces off yay but the retainers are just ugh😒

::

So one thing I hate is when I've read a book and then it begins to go through re-edits.

Now, there are certain types of them that I absolutely cannot stand and in the usual genie_us fashion I will list them.

Okay I just entered the bathroom and apparently we are buying orange toilet paper these days?

#TMI
#SorryNotSorry

But like...why orange? Orange is a strange colour to have toilet paper in don't you think?

#Idigress

Types of Edits

1. A Little Tweak

I was discussing this one with my wonderful amazing gorgeous artistic Irish friend whom you all know by now

And these are the kind of edits that are sort of noticeable but not toooo much so you just sit there questioning whether it's really worth it reading the book again?

Like it's just enough that the book is slightly better

But idk, like do I really need to reread this again? And then you give it a go but then you're like naa, it's not too much of a difference.

(But then I guess that's what we want, because the next items on the list are just horrible alternatives).

2. Times Two

I really can't stand this one.

It's when the book is like, say 50 chapters, and it's ended, then they start posting more chapters - but the re-edited version.

So basically the book itself is 100 chapters long, but it's the same story twice.

So first of all, especially if you're a first time reader, you're like - do I read the original one? Or do I just skip the entire first one and go to the re-edited version??

Or do I just read the entire thing???

To be honest, there are so many better ways to do it, dear writers.

And then this type of method obviously gets them wayyyy more reads and so when you first see the book you're like omg it's so popular how!! Then you realize it's coz s/he posted the same book twice

I don't like it, I just don't.

3. Complete Turnaround

This, this is the worst.

You read the book before in like 2014. You fucking loved it.

So then you're like yay, I miss that book, let me go back and read it!

And then you start. And you're so bloody confused. You ask yourself, is this really the book I read?

And you give it the benefit of the doubt, because maybe you've just forgotten

Then you keep going and you're like THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE BOOK I READ

Coz u realize that she's completely re-written everything!!!!

LIKE WHY THE HELL WOULD THE AUTHOR CHANGE EVERYTHING?!

And then even the ending's also totally different, and so now the entire plot is just unfamiliar to you, and you feel so conned

Like where was the book I first read

It's now gone

Gone

Gone

Gone

*you're my backbone, you're my cornerstone...please can someone get this song reference*

I feel like if writers want to completely change their book then perhaps they should publish two books, the original version and then the edited version.

Ya feel me?

4. NOW STOP

This is the most unacceptable one, where the writers have re-written the book not once, not twice, but a couple more fucking times.

And you're just like - NO. NO MORE.

You finished the damn book until Chapter 73. Then next thing you get an update for Chapter 1 and you're like huh?

Then two months later you get another update for Chapter 1 again and you're like huh-uh?

I completely get that you may be indecisive as writers, but this is really something I cannot stand.

This is especially so when it comes to those books that are so special to me. Like it legit breaks my heart to find out that the story I initially fell in love with is completely gone.

Even with them little tweaks, it's just not the same again.

::

I woke up at midday but now I just wanna go back to sleep am I normal

::