11| Why So Nefariously Vicarious m8?

I really can't stand when writers live their dreams vicariously through the characters.

(vicarious: experienced in the imagination through the feelings or actions of another person).

I will point out the main one I've seen a lot, which is how so many of the main characters want to be writers or publishers.

(Ofc, if you read Kiss Me Through the Phone by me, I was obviously guilty of this...except that I wanna be a film scorer lol).

So basically, all these prude girls and shit just want to be writers and it's so annoying because it's all they fucking talk about.

And thing is, if it's a billionaire book, of course they manage to get to the top so damn quickly:

"I managed to get my dream job just after meeting Billionaire Barry Billion and I worked for it all on my own! I get paid to read books, and I love it!"

It's like ew, no. Staaahpppp.

There is obviously no issue with the fact that the authors are living their dreams through their writing, but as always, my issue is with the number - because many writers on Wattpad do, in fact, want to be writers in real life, too too many of their book characters want to be writers!!

Oh, and another thing they're guilty of is that these writer prude girls have a favourite book  which THEY WILL PROCEED TO SHOVE DOWN YOUR THROAT AT EVERY FUCKING TURN

AND WHAT A COINCIDENCE IT'S THE AUTHOR'S FUCKING FAVOURITE BOOK AS WELL WAOWW SHIT FACE WAOOW

And ofc it's got to be one of the 'classics', which - don't get me wrong - are timeless and all but some are so fucking boring

YOU DONT KNOW THE STRUGGLE FAM I HAD TO STUDY WUTHERING HEIGHTS FOR LITERATURE FOR THE WHOLE OF YEAR TWELVE AND THAT WAS LITERALLY THE DEATH OF ME AND SO WHEN THESE DAMN AUTHORS ARE LIKE "WUTHERING HEIGHTS REPRESENTS MY LOVE" IM LIKE NO BITCH NO NO WUTHERING HEIGHTS IS THE DEVIL

No, genie, Heathcliff was the devil.

But can't you argue that Catherine was? All of the problems that happened in that place all stemmed from her.

NO NO STOP IT STOP IT SEE WHAT WUTHERING HEIGHTS DOES TO YOU, IT MAKES YOU MISS 80% BY 0.5% AND YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH THAT GRADE FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAMN LIFE

GAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Anywho. *drinks tea to recollect herself.*

It's just super annoying when, like I said, the main character is always referencing their favourite novel, because if you haven't read that book itself, then of course you can barely relate so it's like okay...

It's a bit like how I watched Pitch Perfect before I saw The Breakfast Club and I was completely lost when they were talking about it

(Then I fucking watched and I'm still baffled at how she cried at the ending?? It was just about a bunch of kids in detention?? I was kind of bored fam?? I mean come onnn, the only cool part was the end and that song)

And it's even more annoying when the protagonist starts drawing parallels between her life and her favourite book's characters.

#EasyA
#EmmaStoneIsLifeTho

It's super annoying because it's obvious that the author intended for it to happen so I was just like cool. Cool.

It's like

"My fave book is Frankenstein and in my home I felt like a monster omg it's like my fave book Frankenstein where there's a monster OMG I'm the monster OMG MARY SHELLEY KNEW MY FUTURE"

*grows into Hulk*

::

Just came back from the Singapore flyer. Man this place is gorgeous. Follow Instagram for pics.

#ShamelessSelfPromotion

::