9| It's Serious

This rant resonates a lot with rant #15 in WWDMC1 (chapter named Stockholm Syndrome), but I think it is important to bring up again.

It is a very heavy rant.

::

There are far too many stories these days about falling in love with your bully.

Far too many.

Too fucking many. And it's pissing me off so damn much that people are writing books about it.

Honestly.

You are writing a book in which someone wants the one person who verbally and physically and emotionally bullies them. Do I have to put this in a different way so that someone can realize how sick that is?

What is this new odd obsession with deriving pleasure from pain? Like BDSM, I'll allow because they're both into it, but falling in love with your bullying? Does one ever consent to being bullied?

How do these books come across to real life people who have been bullied?

I count myself lucky to have never been bullied, but I do know people who have, and it does something to you. It breaks them, their self-esteem; their self-worth even. It changes them and causes them to recoil to a dark place. Of course I don't speak to every victim of bullying, but I speak for the ones I know, and I hate that they've had to go through that.

So to see that people are writing stories about wanting to be with their bully?

I personally think that such books are despicable, and that it's taking all these anti-bullying campaign back like a thousand steps, because these books seemingly advocate for the bullies and I think that bullying should never be tolerated, ever. Whether or not the bully "changes" at the end? UGH I am genuinely annoyed right now by this.

In chapter #15 of the first book I had spoken of how books similar to these glorify r*pe because they end up having feelings for the person who has been raping, torturing, or bullying them.

Books like these do justify bullying, whether you want to admit it or not. Because if a bully is reading them surely the message they receive is, why not keep bullying, if I get a girl out of it? What's wrong with bullying if they'll fall in love with me? It's not bullying if they like it.

There is everything wrong with bullying another human being. And you can give me all this bullshit of "you can't choose who you fall in love with, it just happens" but I will continue to say fuck this shit; these books about falling in love with bullies need to stop.

Now.

::

So when I was 13 years of age I uploaded a video of me playing River Flows in You (Bella's Lullaby) by Yiruma (from Twilight!) and so I put the video at the beginning of the chapter if you need to lighten the mood after that heavy chapter

It's not the best tbh 😂 I even spelled my name wrong because I was paranoid af that I would be caught 😂 but just to humour you guys x

Like guys I was 13 okay and the camera person was just struggling with life 😂😂

::