Pref 53 - You Have a Miscarriage

Michael- 

"I'm so sorry i couldn't make it to the check up. How's our baby doing?" Michael asks walking through the door.

Your eyes are tear stained and you couldn't even look at him. You didn't know what to say. His question implied that he was looking for a good answer. That the baby is growing, that it had survived another check up. It hadn't, but you couldn't keep it together long enough to admit that.

"M-Michael."

"What is it, babe?"

"I h-had a miss, um a miscarriage." You say, trying to not waiver with your words too much.

"No way.. You're lying. This is a prank or a joke. Please, just tell me you're not being serious..." He says, pulling at his hair, also trying not to burst into tears.

"It's okay, we will just have to try again. A miscarriage doesn't mean we can't get pregnant again. It may take a while, but we can make another baby."

"You were only 4 weeks, and it will just take longer. It took us a year to get pregnant already. I don't want to wait two more years!"

"I know, it's saddening."

"Our little angel was just too precious for earth." Michael said with tears flowing freely down his face.

"You're right." You say, smiling at the blessing you have sitting right by you. Without Michael, you don't know if you could handle a loss like this.

Calum-

You and Calum walk into the room and you sit down on the hospital bed. Shortly after the nurse walks in and leaves. Then the doctor walks in. He does the same routine as the last with the gel stuff on your stomach. You don't know the exact term to it. 

"Hmm." The doctor says.

"What?" Calum asks.

"There's no heart beat." The doctor admits sadly.

"So is it just turned or what?" Calum asks.

"No, I'm so sorry. I'll leave you two for a few minutes."

"This is what i get for marrying you out of wedlock."

"Okay, you're not from the 1800s. It's fine. We will just wait till we are married to actually have a baby."

"I actually wanted that baby." Calum says, getting teary eyed."

"C'mon, don't make me start crying."

"I got attached to that little guy or gal."

"I know, I did too." You say, tears unwillingly start flowing.

"When we are ready to have a baby, trust me, i will be the best father ever."

"I know you will, Cal. I have no doubt. Even if we had a baby now, you would guard it with your life. You really care and you don't have to prove it to me."

"You'd be a pretty damn good mother. Oh, and a hot one too!" 

"That language won't be acceptable around a baby."

"I know, babe. I'll be better about it around him or her."

Ashton-

You hear your phone ringing, but you really aren't in the mood to answer. From the ring tone, you could tell it was FaceTime. You also figured it was Ashton. You knew you had to answer, you couldn't avoid it forever.

"Hey Ash."

"Why do your eyes look so red? Are you on drugs?" He asks, and you could tell he was trying to be funny. It didn't really lighten the mood..

"No, I just haven't washed my face yet."

"Why have you been crying, honey?"

"I went to my check up today."

"Yeah?"

"Well, it was a miscarriage."

"What?"

"Yeah, and i was more frustrated than upset."

"That's understandable. I mean, this is the second time we have had a miscarriage."

"The doctor said it's just because of inconsistencies."

"Maybe we should just stop at one."

"But Rylee is all alone. She wants a little sibling. She needs one. You're always touring and I have to work mostly at home."

"I know, but what other choice do we have?"

"We could try again."

"What if its just another long process and then another miscarriage?"

"I don't think it will be."

"How would you be sure?"

"I'm not sure, but I just have this feeling, ya know?"

"Okay..." He says, reluctantly.

"It's another excuse to have unprotected sex a lot."

"True, but i don't want you to be this disappointed ever again."

"If it doesn't work out, I'll just have them tie my tubes and we will take care of our little Rylee and be sufficient. Or we could even adopt."

"Why don't we just stop here?"

"No."

"Fine, anything for you baby." He says, smiling.

"That's better." You say, cheering up.

Luke-

"Luke, my check up for the baby was today." You say when you enter your room.

"Man, i missed it again! Dammit."

"Well you won't have a chance to go to another one for a little while."

"Why not?"

"Our baby is dead, she didn't make it."

"What do you mean?"

"Luke, we had a miscarriage."

"How could that happen?"

"It's very common for your first pregnancy." 

"Baby, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I had 5 hours to unwind."

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm a terrible husband."

"No you're nowhere close. Your work is really important to us making money."

"I love you baby. I'll do anything to make it up to you. We are going to try again."

"I don't want kids anymore."

"Yes you do. You've talked about children since our second date. I want kids and so do you. We are going to have kids. Our family line is going to continue and we are gonna be a really happy and close family."

"Maybe we should adopt."

"There's nothing wrong with that, except you don't actually want to adopt."

"Yes i do."

"Sweetie, you're just upset and i understand that." He says, pulling you onto the bed and then cuddling into you.

"Luke, lets just get to sleep."

"Good night my love."

"Good night Lukey. I love you too."

"There it is! You smiled. Goal accomplished." He says, causing you to laugh and eventually fall asleep in his arms.

- sorry its been so long! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K THATS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!! xx