Pref 56 - He's Your New Neighbor

Michael~

"Go say hi to our new neighbors for us. We are about to leave."

"Mom, why me?"

"Because there's a cute boy your age and your dad and I have to get on the road again. I love you baby. Go have fun while we are gone."

"Bye mom and dad. I'll miss you."

And they're gone before you know it.

You have nothing else to do so you decide to go next door and say hi.

You ring the door bell and someone practically runs to the door.

"Oh hi dear." The dad, you assume, says.

"Hi, I'm your neighbor. Just thought i would come say hi to you guys."

"Come in sweetie. I think Michael is your age. Michael, get in here bud!"

A sweet looking, dark haired, fellow walks in.

"Oh, who's this?" He asks quietly.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N), your neighbor. I was just going to welcome all of you guys to the neighborhood."

"Hi, I'm Michael. That's nice of you." He says opening up quickly.

"Sweetie, are your parents at your house?"

"Um, they just left to go on a business trip. They won't be back for a few weeks, possibly months if things go well..."

"Oh, how often do you see your parents?"

"Not often. They only stay home for a few days when they get back. If I'm lucky, a week or two."

"Holidays?"

"Sometimes I see them on holidays. That's usually when they are the most busy."

"Poor thing!"

"They want me to get out and have fun... They have all the neighbors watching for me to come out. Normal parents wouldn't want me to leave the house."

"You and Michael should get out and do stuff tonight! You guys need to hang out. Do you have many friends?"

"My best friend moved away last summer, and I am not well known. Michael probably doesn't want the 'bad publicity'."

"I'll be fine." Michael says, smiling.

Ashton~

You hear a knock on the door, and reluctantly go to answer it. When you open it you see a tall, handsome, stranger.

"Um, may I help you?"

"Sorry to bother you. We just moved here and the car's broke down and I really need to make stuff before my parents get home and I don't have any groceries. I don't want my parents to be mad at me and I just can't handle this place. There's school tomorrow and I'm Australian, no one is going to like me and I just can't start off with my parents being mad at me... Wait, I'm rambling, sorry." He says with a half smile.

"No worries, you guys can come over for supper tonight." You say, smiling, "Just say that I came over and invited you guys to supper and you were about to go try to fix the car so they wouldn't be mad. You'll be on their good side and they'll think I am really hospitable."

"Nice plan. Do you live alone?"

"Nope, my parents are out on a vacation right now. They wanted to take me but I would miss too much school. College sucks."

"Oh, you're in college?"

"And you're not?"

"Um, I'm a senior."