Quidditch and memorys

(Edited)

Today marks the beginning of the quidditch season with a Slytherin VS Gryffindor game. Glancing around the great hall nobody in the Gryffindor team were eating except for me. I am good at remaining calm when it comes to things like this. Of course I want to win, just like everyone else, but the outcome of the game doesn't matter when you're having fun. Well, it might matter a small bit when going against Slytherin, if we lost against them we wouldn't hear the end of it. Slytherin are the hardest team to compete against, but I enjoy the challenge.

"Hurry up, we're on in five minutes" James yells at us. Unfortunately for many, and not for others, James Potter is the quidditch captain for our team. He's a great guy, but he takes the games a little to hard. He's way to over the top in my opinion. Practices Saturday and Sunday from six to nine am and if you're late he will give you a one hour lecture and threaten to knock you off the team, which, if you ask me, seems like a waste of the time we booked the field for.

After getting changed into my uniform, I stood behind the group. As the seeker, I always came out onto the pitch last.

"And now for the Gryffindor team" a fairly attractive guy says. He looks like he's in sixth year and has long hair in dreadlocks. I hear the Gryffindor stands erupt into a fresh set of screams and, as expected, the Slytherin stands erupting into boo's. I confidently walk across the pitch towards the Slytherin team, who are all standing there as if they own the world.

"And they're off" he yelled. I flew into the air and above the game, this was because it gave me a good aerial view of the entire game. From the bright cheers and overpowering boo's, I could tell that Gryffindor was in the lead. The Slytherin beater hit a bludger that went straight for me but I flipped my broom upside down, watching it fly over me, before righting my broom again and zooming off in another direction. That's when I saw it, the snitch. I zoomed straight towards it, the speed on my broom approaching it's max. The Slytherin seeker was directly behind me so I stretched off my broom and snatched the snitch right out of the air. I held it up to the cheering Gryffindor side to show our victory. That's when I was surrounded by a mass of green and silver.

"Hey loser, aren't you a little high up, shame if you were to fall" A Slytherin said, looking at all his  friends as they laughed, holding his head up proudly as though he told the greatest joke created.

"If that was an attempt at a joke, you didn't do very well, now if you'll excuse me, I have places to be" I said, attempting to fly away but being pushed back by the Slytherins.

"You didn't even get to here the full joke" He said, faking a pout before pointing his wand directly at my chest, "Crucio" He muttered, laughing as it hit me directly in the chest. At once I felt a hot sharp pain overtake my body, a feeling similar to that of large red hot pokers jabbing in and out of my skin. I screamed and flailed around, falling off my broom, feeling myself free fall towards the ground. The pain left and before I could react to my descent, I feel unconscious.

---

I opened my eyes and let out a groan of pain. My back was searing and I felt my arm lying limp against my side. I was in a hospital bed and it was only then that I realised there were voices surrounding me. I opened my eyes and looked around. The entire of Gryffindor team was there and so was my dad and Madam Pomfrey. They all didn't seem to realise that I was awake as they were all deep in conversation.

"What spell do you think they used?"

"We can't know for sure but I have an idea"

"How many bones did she break?"

"Two, luckily it was only that many, her arm and her ribs" 

My mind was spinning. I was still alive but with a broken arm and ribs. I cleared my throat, clutching my side as it hurt to produce any noise. Everyone quickly turned to face me. Madam Pomfrey quickly came up to me, asking if I was okay. When I responded, she asked the question I had most feared.

"What spell did they use?" It pained me to think that people so young were already using those spells for enjoyment.

"The cru-cruciatus cu-curse" I spluttered. I broke into tears and I didn't even understand why. I tried to stop myself, not wanting to put my walls down in front of everyone. I found myself unable to stop the tears. Dad came forward and gave me a light hug. Madam Pomfrey followed and so did Mcgonagall, who I didn't even realise was here. I was glad the teachers cared for me like this. After my crying ceased, Madam Pomfrey shooed the boys out of the room and set to work on my bones.

I was set free soon after and I went down to the great hall to have lunch. I didn't really want to talk to anyone about it but I knew someone was bound to ask. I was wrong however and it turns out nobody even blinked an eye at my arrival, I liked it that way. I was about to get up and leave when a Slytherin came over.

"Hey loser how're you feeling?" He said in a mock sad voice. I didn't answer, leaving us in silence. I was in no mood to talk. "How about some more pain to add?" he asked raising his fist. I closed my eyes waiting for impact, but it never came. Opening my eyes slowly, I came across the Slytherin on the floor in front of none other than Sirius Black.

"That'll teach you to never try and hit a girl" He sneered at the frozen like figure on the floor. His happiness wasn't to last though.

"Mr Black, follow me please," Said Mcgonagall, her mouth forming a very thin line. He obliged quickly and followed her out of the hall. I was happy that he had tried to help but also a little annoyed. I had always had this thing with people risking their lives to save me. I suddenly went rigid and the memories came back to me like wildfire.

---

It was a cold night and my family were keeping warm with the heater in their car. I looked over to see my brother playing with a little piece of stuffing from his booster chair. With one particularly large breath the fluff went flying into the front of the car. I laughed and soon the entire family was laughing to. That's when dad stopped too quickly and the car started to spin out of control. Mum jumped into the back and held herself in front of me and my brother. Everyone was screaming and my brother was crying.

"I love you both, no matter what happens" My mum yelled over the noise of screeching tires. Than a huge jolt lurched the car forwards and straight into a boulder. I heard cold and cruel laughter before a snake like face flitted across my vision. It disappeared as fast as it came and before I knew it people were surrounding us and pulling us out of the car. I looked over to see my mum limp in one mans arms. My dad's eyes were open and looked glossy, he was stiff as a board. My brother was also recovered from the crash, covered in blood that was pouring out of a gash in his forehead, he was also limp. That's when we were apparated to the hospital and I finally fell asleep, the night taking up a large amount of my energy.

When I woke up the next morning, I could see my family around me. Little did I know that even though I felt fine, my family were dying around me.

---

I screamed loudly as I woke up on the cold and hard floor of the great hall. Murmurs were coming from around me and I looked up to see the entire school surrounding the spot on the floor on which I was laid. Dad came through the crowd and crouched down beside me. My throat was dry but I had to explain.

"Memory, office, talk" Was all I could muster. He got the point and helped pick me up and half carry, half walk me to the office, where I sat down and wrote down the entire dream onto a piece of parchment. It was messy but it would have to do. When I gave it to Dad he took the Parchment carefully and read it through several times.

"Well I can conclude that it was Voldemort that killed your family" He sighed, I felt tears prick my eyes but I didn't let them pass, not wanting to cry a second time in the same day. I was taken down to the hospital wing where I was given a hot chocolate and my dinner. That's why I hate people doing things for me. My family died and I was the only one left alive. My mum put herself in danger just to keep me safe. I fell asleep, after a long day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's taken a while, i'm more focused on Harry Potters twin sister which is the other book that i'm writing. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I would really appreciate it if you commented anything that could happen to Alice throughout the book. I'll try to add as many of your options as possible.

Thanks for reading and I hope your enjoying it,

7Justdealwithit7