Summer Picnics

The summer holidays had already started and I was spending the first few weeks at Lily's house much like last time. Today we were planning on going on a picnic with Alice and Marlene who were coming over to stay for a short while.

Lily and I were getting ready to go out in her room. I was wearing some white denim shorts and a pale blue shirt and Lily was wearing a pastel yellow dress just above knee level. It was covered in hand stitched flowers and I somehow knew that if James had of seen Lily as she was he would have had a heart attack right there and then.

"Hey Lil's" I said lying on the floor because it was comfortable and I needed something to help me relax.

"Hmmm" She responded lightly turning to face me. She looked down and stared expectantly at me as though I better have a good reason for disturbing her routine.

"When did Marls and A say they were coming round" I asked curiously.

"10:00am" She said smiling and turning around.

"Good, cause I should warn you that its currently 9:45am" I said smirking as Lily began furiously brushing her hair. She groaned in pain as the brush got stuck on a particularly large knot. I grabbed the brush quickly from her hands and began gently brushing through her hair.

"Merlin you've got thick hair, I would die for hair like this" I said as I began quickly braiding her hair into a plait before she could tell me no.

"Its a pain, thats for sure" She said rolling her eyes in the mirror. I finished the plait and tied her hair up quickly.

"Done, all ready" I said smiling as there was a knock on the door signalling the arrival of Alice and Marlene. I quickly went down the stairs opening the door to reveal both Marlene and Alice standing at the door.

"Hey girls" I said hugging them both tightly. They entered the house as Lily walked down the stairs grabbing the picnic basket her mother had packed and left on the bench.

"Let's get going then shall we" She said sideways hugging the two girls and walking out through the open door. As we were walking down the driveway a shiny car pulled up and Petunia and her boyfriend stepped from the car.

"Where are you off to" She said rudely looking Lily up and down before doing the same to all of us.

"We're going to have a picnic" Lily snapped.

"Picnics are boring, what are you even supposed to do on them" Petunia complained for no reason.

"Well, it's not like we're inviting you to come along so you have nothing to complain about" Lily said back before pushing past the two and striding off down the street quickly. We all followed finally catching up to her.

"Wow, that was speedy" I said finding her walking normal pace once again.

"Well, I want to spend as little time with them as possible, I can feel my IQ lowering every second I spend looking at her face" Lily said rolling her eyes. I laughed along with Marlene and Alice as we reached the place where we were going to have our picnic. We set everything up sitting down on the picnic rug we had packed.

For lunch we had brought sandwiches of many different types. We also brought pastries for after lunch. We talked throughout all lunch about everything we wanted to do and everything we had already achieved.

"I mean, i'm kinda excited for this year, it'll be our last one at the school" Lily said lying back.

"Well of course you're excited, i'm just curious about how NEWTs will go" Alice said leaning her head on her hands.

"We have to get a good score to actually do anything after school" Marlene said making the other three groan.

"Well, you'll especially need a lot of stuff Marl's, being an auror is tough work and you've gotta have such high scores for it" I pointed out. She nodded solemnly.

"I'm aware, I don't know how i'm going to do it" She said burying her face in her hands.

"You'll be fi..." Lily began before her eyes widened and she stood up and ran behind a tree. I looked around puzzled before seeing a familiar guy walking around.

"Snape" I whispered. As he walked down the street he saw us and he began walking over. "Merlin no" I muttered quietly so that only the two girls could hear.

"Is Lily here?" He asked as soon as he reached us.

"No sorry, she just left" I said boredly.

"Oh, well could you tell her I want to talk to her" He said fidgeting with his hands.

"One, Lily's over your friendship, two, she does not wish to discuss what happened in potions class last year, she wants a break from that" I snapped harshly.

"How did you know I wanted to talk to her about that?"

"I guessed" I answered simply. He sighed and walked off. Once he was past the corner of the street and out of sight Lily came back out.

"Thanks for that, I just don't think I can ever face him again" she said sighing in relief.

"It's all good, what are friends for" I smiled hugging her from the side as Alice and Marlene joined. Friendship was a great thing.

---

I know what your all thinking. FINALLY. Yeah, I felt like updating so I did. Thats all I really wanted to say.

I should mention that I know have a book up for any Tags i'm tagged in or if I want to rant about something pointless so if you like tags thats up.

Thanks for reading guys,

7Justdealwithit7