Christmas

-Alice-

Before long Christmas had dawned on us. I had officially moved into the Gryffindor dorms and gotten over my fear of walking into the common room. I was sharing a room with Lily and her friends Marlene and Alice (same name, I know, please don't kill me!) I was woken in the early hours of the morning by a rustling next to the window. I opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar brown barn owl sitting on the ledge of the window. I got up and opened the window to let the owl in. It hooted and dropped a letter on my bed. I went over towards the letter curiously. I opened it and a piece of parchment fell out. The card read,

To Alice,

You don't know who we are but we hope you appreciate the gift anyway.

It reminded us of you when we saw it.

We hope that you find it in your heart to give us a chance to befriend you in the future.

Wishing you a very happy christmas.

I tipped the envelope upside down and a small bracelet fell out. It had four charms on it. One of a wolf, one of a dog, one of a stag and one of a rat. I thought that this was an odd gift but I appreciated the thought anyway. I hooked up the bracelet before standing up silently and jumping on Lily's bed.

"WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP" I screamed repeatedly at everyone whilst jumping from bed to bed. They all groaned and opened there eyes.

"and I thought it was a good idea to let you stay in our room, why'd you wake so early" Lily grumbled. I just smiled.

"It's christmas, and everyone should be awake early" I screamed. She rolled her eyes and got out of bed. She poked her tongue out at me and walked to the foot of her bed where she gathered her presents into her arms. The other girls did the same and I stared at them curiously.

"We always open our presents in the common room" Lily said in a tone that stated it was obvious. It was my turn to roll my eyes as I gathered my presents and walked down with the rest of the girls. We plonked into chairs beside the fire and turned to each other. I picked up one of the presents I had brought for Lily and I pegged it at her head. It hit her right in the side of her face and we all laughed. I did this to each of the girls and soon we started throwing all our presents for each other at the corresponding person's head.

I got a cute moving replica of a dragon from Marlene, a bag of sugar quills from Alice, two small charms from Lily which were a small heart and a tiny replica of Hogwarts and a small serpent charm from Severus. I smiled and hugged all the girls before turning to the other small pile from some of the teachers. I got a cat charm from McGonagall, a bottle of felix felicious from Slughorn which in my opinion was very generous, a small moving dragon charm from Flitwick and a letter from Dad saying I would receive my present later today. The teachers all knew that I had a charm bracelet from when I was three and they added charms to it every year for Christmas and my birthday. They also knew that I was absolutely over obsessed with dragons. I want to work with them when i've graduated, I told my new friends this as well. I clipped all the charms onto my new bracelet as my first was getting over crowded and sat back in my chair to watch everyone else open their presents.

"Hey Ali" Lily called. I knew she was talking to me because she called the other Alice by her full name as requested.

"Yes" I asked curiously.

"Wanna join in with our early morning annual snowball fight" Lily said mischievously.

"Is that even a question" I shrieked, "of cause I would" I yelled. They all laughed and I followed them down through the halls to the snowy grounds of Hogwarts. I used to have snowball fights with the teachers and I would get dad to use magic to enchant them to follow the teacher's around and smash into the backs of their heads. I had carried on that tradition and the teachers didn't even blink an eye at them when christmas came by. Everyone was off on the sides making their piles but I remember a spell dad taught me to successfully make tons of snowballs in a few seconds. I manually made one and chucked it at Lily who screamed and whipped around before gasping at my pile. I just laughed and flung my wand at all the girls who started to scream and throw snowballs at me. We finished up an hour later but as I was turning away to go back upstairs a snowball hit my in the back of my head. I flipped around to see Sirius and James standing there with smug looks on their faces.

"Oh, it's on" I said as I waved my wand and snowballs went flying at them. I sent some snowballs to hit them all day and walked off (with MLG glasses and explosions!)

I conjured some more and cursed them to fly after all of the teachers as I made my way to the great hall early. I sat down at the empty Gryffindor table and waited. Several minutes later the teachers walked in with snowballs flying everywhere. I laughed as Dad walked in and the food appeared. As I was digging into my breakfast James and Sirius ran in. They went straight up to the teachers who were now smiling at the sight before them.

"Ali, can you come up here please" McGonagall called from across the hall. I smiled and walked up to the teachers table. "Why have you snowball cursed Mr Black and Mr Potter" She asked. Most people would think it was stern but I know what stern is coming from McGonagall.

"They started a snowball fight with me so I decided to win" I said with an epic stance. She smiled and shooed me and the boys off to the table. The boys would just have to deal with the snowballs for the entire day.

"Can you take these things off of us please" Sirius begged. I grinned and looked him in the eyes.

"I'm sorry but my rules are they don't come off until the end of the day, come to me then" I said before turning back to my food. They sighed in defeat and walked off. I grinned in triumph as Lily, Marlene and Alice walked in and sat opposite me.

"and why Ali, would you be grinning like an idiot" Lily asked with a small smile. I just beamed and gave a slight nod to my right which was where the boys were sitting. All three girls drifted their gazes to Potter and Black. When they came to the sight of the snowballs they burst out laughing. Potter and Black glared at us. I winked at them and turned back.

"How'd you do it"

"That's great"

"You're gonna get in trouble" The girls all called and started throwing questions at me.

"Slow down, slow down, first off, Marlene, I created a spell that hits people with snowballs until the performer takes it off them, Alice, I know right, I use it every year on the teachers" I said gesturing towards the teacher's table, "and third off Lily, McGonagall asked and I told her they threw snowballs at me so I had to win the competition, she laughed and shooed the boys off" I said with a shrug. They all laughed and turned back to their breakfast. People came and went but most people laughed at the boys and asked each other who they think did it. I didn't plan on telling them until 7th year, I knew it would get out sometime soon though but I could trust the boys not to tell people, it would definitely lower their ego. I pranced up to Dad.

"Daddy can I have my gift now" I pouted. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Not yet, it is currently hidden" He said with a grin. I sighed and slouched into my chair next to Dad and Flitwick.

"Hey Flit, do you know what it is" I asked after several minutes of sitting there bored. He shook his head and continued eating. I sat there bored.

"Awwww, how long does it take for someone to eat breakfast" I whined. The teachers around me all chuckled at my impatience. When Dad finally finished I jumped up. "Come on, Come on, Come on" I yelled. Heads turned my way but I ignored them. Dad made me even more impatient by purposefully getting up slowly. I groaned. When the teachers were finally up I smiled.

"Where is it hidden" I called out to Dad.

"The forbidden forest" he said with a grin. I ran out of the hall and down to the forest where I waited for the teachers.