Lily

(Edited 8 July 2018)

"WILL YOU STOP ASKING ME OUT" a huge voice screamed. It spread throughout the entire school and I swear the voice of the girl could go on for hours. She continued to scream about how much of a ignorant, bullying toerag the boy was, and how she would never date him even if it was a choice between him or the giant squid. Her voice carried on for about five minutes before Mcgonagall's voice joined the party. Once the voices had dimmed and died down, Madam Pomfrey bustled over to me, muttering about disturbances to her patients.

"Good to see you awake Ali." She smiled warmly at me, but I knew what was coming. I grimaced at the sight of a jar of medicine from the muggle world that was supposed to cure sore throats and headaches. "Now Ali, you only need to have one teaspoon of this" Madam Pomfrey scolded as I turned my head away from the revolting concoction on the spoon. I blocked my nose and downed it in one, writhing around because of the disgusting taste that filled my mouth.

"There, you're all done, you may go" She said. I jumped out of bed and ran to the door.

"Thanks Madam Pom Pom" I called out, using my silly childhood nickname for her. She just rolled her eyes and went to look after another patient. I skipped down the hall to go for lunch. I skipped into the hall unnoticed, and walked up to my place at the teachers table. I still had a chair here for when I needed to get away from my house.

"Ali, you're awake" Dad called as he gave me a hug, "good to know." I smiled at him and saw the regular twinkle in his eye when he knew something was going to happen.

"What's going to happen" I sighed. He never told me but I always knew that it was worth the try.

"I am not going to tell you but I will warn you to cover your ears in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" I covered my ears just as a huge explosion went off. Food went flying everywhere, and the colours of each house spread around the hall. I looked through all the chaos to see four boys standing at the door with huge, beaming smiles on their faces. I rolled my eyes, but unfortunately one of them caught my eye. His name as I recall it was Remus Lupin and he was Gryffindor prefect alongside a girl named Lily Evans. I blushed and looked away quickly, turning my attention to the crowd of rampaging students. I looked back towards the four guys just in time to see Remus being shaken  and dragged out of the hall just as the prank subsided.

"Quiet now everyone, it's no more than just a little paint" Dad chuckled. At once the noise ceased and everyone trudged out of the room earlier then usual. I waited for the crowd to leave before I also walked out of the room, humming to myself. I walked down to the beech tree beside the lake as I didn't need to have a shower because I was at the teacher's table. They didn't get showered with the paint and I thanked myself for making the decision to sit there. I was interrupted from the presence of my mind by a flaring Lily Evans storming down the hill. I looked up to the top of the hill and saw two familiar boys standing around a third and comforting him. The fourth was standing further away and reading a book. I brought my attention back to Lily who was now sitting beside the lake.

"Um, Lily, um, are you ok?" I asked shyly. She looked up surprised before motioning me to sit down beside her. I did so, awkwardly, but she pretended not to notice how awkward I was. "What's wrong?" I asked in a quiet tone.

"Potter won't leave me alone" She snarled "Why does he have to like me? Why can't he like someone else and just quit trying to ask me out?" She sighed and I slowly moved my arm to place it around her shoulder. She didn't object or push it off so I let out a short breath of relief.

"There are some people in this world that will never leave you alone," I started "but something good will always come out of it" I quoted one of Dad's sayings. She smiled and laughed at me. We sat like that for what felt like hours before Lily gently pulled away from my arm.