The kitchens

-Lily-

The search went from one hour to two hours. I was immensely worried now and we hadn't had any sign from Alice. Just to ruin my mood even more, James Potter had to ask me out for the fifth time today. What is his problem. Someone who was just becoming another one of my besties had run into the forbidden forest and screamed as though in pain and hasn't been seen for TWO HOURS. Marlene came up and placed an arm on my shoulder. We were surrounded by aurors and ministry officials who were trying and failing to find Alice. They were all around and talking in deep, hushed voices and it was getting on my nerves. That's when loud hooves could be heard and a large herd of centaurs came running out into the open. The one in front lowered a figure onto the ground before bowing to the ministry and running off. I walked foward to see the figure of Alice on the ground with a large slash across her face, she was pale as a ghost.

"Take her to the hospital wing" yelled Dumbledore. She was hoisted into the air and hurried towards the hospital wing. I shrugged off Marlene's arm and ran towards the castle against the protests of everyone, my friend was in trouble and it was all because of me, when I came to the door of the hospital wing I stopped before raising my fist and knocking. The scurrying of feet didn't stop and I was about to raise my fist again when a shadow came up behind me. A whipped around and noticed Dumbledore alongside a large and strong looking man whom I had seen in the search for Alice. Dumbledore came up and introduced me to the man.

"Lily, I assume you want to see Alice" Dumbledore gave a questioning glance and I nodded " Whilst we're here I might introduce you to Alastor Moody who is the leader of the auror office at the ministry" I looked at the man and saw several scars already formed on his skin.

"Very pleased to meet you Sir" I introduced politely. He shook my hand roughly and gave me a long look.

"Do you know the reasoning for young Alice here running into the forest" He asked whilst locking eye contact with me. With a shock I realised that one of his eyes was gone and instead there was a bright blue one that was revolving around and flipping in all directions. It scared me slightly but I just tried to ignore it.

"She looked terribly upset so I went down and comforted her, she was crying into my shoulder one minute and then the next she was off like a bullet into the forbidden forest" I sighed slightly, I just wished I knew the reason she was so hesitant to take my support. I looked at Moody who looked deep in thought and then towards Dumbledore who looked like he knew everything that was going on.

"Professor, do you know what's happening" I asked politely.

"Yes, but it is for Alice to tell you herself, for now I need to have a conversation with her" He answered with concern etched all over his face. This made me think that it was something rather large that she was keeping a secret. Moody looked like he wanted to object but Dumbledore held up a hand.

"It is for her to tell you" He said sternly, "Now I will go and talk to Madam Pomfrey and try to convince her to allow the three guests we have here to come and see Alice.

"Make that two Albus, i've seen enough information here" he said before turning around briskly and walking quickly down the hall. I turned back to see that Dumbledore had already gone into the hospital wing to talk to madam Pomfrey. Several minutes later he walked back out and gestured me forward. I sprinted into the wing and down to the end where there were curtains pulled around the only bed being currently used. The shadow of madam Pomfrey could be seen around the bed. I burst through the curtains to see Alice who was pale as a ghost lying down in bed with the covers wrapped around her tightly. Madam Pomfrey gave me a glare for running in the hospital wing but I didn't care.

"Oh Alice, you're ok, I was worried sick" She gave me a scared look and shrunk further under her covers. I felt a little annoyed at her trying to not make us friends, it was as though she wanted to be completely friendless and all alone. As though she read my mind she smiled and nodded. I was about to talk when Madam Pomfrey shoed me out of the hospital wing.