The prank

Alice P.O.V

I woke up at the crack of dawn. Today was the day of the huge prank and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I had never shared my love for pranking with anyone else. I tiptoed around the room getting ready, once I was dressed I was about to leave when I heard muffled yelps from down the staircase.

"Padfoot, you idiot" Remus said. Padfoot? What an odd name.

"Well sorry Moony but I had no idea that would happen" Sirius said back. There's another one. Moony. Well that one makes sense, moony for the full moon. So do the other boys have nicknames, and how did they originate.

"Padfoot, you don't reckon you could maybe get off me" James said with a muffled voice that showed his frustration.

"Sorry Prongs, Wormtail, help me up will you" Sirius said and I could almost sense him rolling his eyes. So there nicknames were Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. Weird. I sighed and slide down the staircase which now resembled a slide.

"Morning boys" I said cheerfully as I landed gracefully at the bottom of the staircase. I looked around with a grin. James and Sirius looked tired, Peter had bloodshot eyes and Remus was the only one who looked properly awake. I stifled a laugh as the boys gave me odd looks.

"What would be so funny Ali" Remus asked curiously.

"You're the only one properly awake" I said rolling my eyes, "you need to wake up boys" I yelled in their ears. They gave my glares.

"Was that really necessary" James said yawning.

"Yep" I grinned before dragging them over to the common room. "You have the stuff don't you" I said looking around for the supplies.

"Yes we do" Sirius said with a smirk, "as you are helping with this prank we thought we'd let you in on a little marauder secret" He said smirking. Wait. What the hell does he mean by Marauder. At my confused look James clarified.

"We call our group the marauders" he said rolling his eyes as though he thought it was the most obvious thing in the world. My mouth made an O shape in understanding.

"Now this is the marauder secret" Sirius said picking up the air. I looked at him thoroughly confused. He just smirked and pulled at the air revealing the pranking supplies and a silvery cloak which I recognised as an invisibility cloak.

"Wow, you've got an invisibility cloak" I said in astonishment.

"Not just any invisibility cloak, this one's been passed down through generations of my family, it once belonged to Ignotus Peverell" James said smiling widely.

"Thats amazing" I said gaping open mouthed at the cloak.

"Um, you guys, are we actually going to do this or not, we're running out of time" Remus said awkwardly. I blushed slightly but it went unnoticed. Sirius put the cloak back around our supplies and we left the Gryffindor common room. We didn't look at all suspicious and I thanked James mentally for having the cloak.

"What would you boys be doing up so early, usually you don't come down until the last minute of breakfast" McGonagall asked from behind us. I flipped around but was hidden from view by the boys so she mustn't have seen me. I walked around the boys.

"I thought i'd have an early morning stroll with them Minnie" I said happily.

"Why, of course Ali, I didn't see you there, don't get yourselves into trouble now" She said. "Oh, and for tonight Ali, could you come to my office an hour early, I have something to discuss with you about plans" McGonagall said. Tonight was the full moon and I was dreading my transformation as usual. She walked off with a smile and I turned back around.

"What's happening tonight" Sirius asked curiously. I felt my cheeks heat up slightly.

"Um, I have to discuss with McGonagall about our plans for me to visit a grave tonight" I said faking sadness. They brought the lie and comforted me but I saw Remus' knowing face. The boys sensed I didn't want to talk anymore so they stopped talking altogether. When we arrived outside of the hall I pushed open the doors to reveal a nearly full hall. It was a school day so people had to come now to get breakfast before there lessons. Once we were seated I got my wand out secretly under the table. I muttered some words and almost immediately the chairs disappeared. I struggled to keep a straight face as I looked around at everyone's shocked faces. Peter looked constipated and James and Sirius were holding back smiles. Remus however was doing the best and showed no sign of amusement. Whilst people were still shocked James, Sirius, Remus and Peter all got out their wands and we all cast our spells. Stampedes of animals went thundering around the hall.

"Arrrrrrr" Someone screamed. I had to strain to keep a straight face as all hell broke loose in the hall. Sirius set off the fireworks and soon it was a mess of people running around losing there minds, animals lose everywhere making noise and fireworks drowning out the screams of everyone.

"SILENCE" Dad yelled. I looked up to see McGonagall looking everywhere for the culprit but seeing no one giving themselves away sat down angrily still looking around. Her eyes lingered a moment longer on the five of us but seeing fear instead of joy moved on. Of course it was only fake fear.

"Follow your house prefects out to your houses, class is temporarily canceled for the moment whilst we clean this up" Dad said pretending to be stern. I could tell he loved it though. Once the doors to the hall were open a mixture of animals and students ran out of them. I lost the boys in the crowd and they probably lost each other to. I went up to Gryffindor common rooms and burst through the door with the crowd. Once I got up to the boys dorm as discussed I collapsed onto the floor in laughter. That was the best thing ever.

-James-

That prank was amazing. I'm still trying hard to conceal my laughter. I rushed through the crowd pushing through everyone to get to my dorm. When I opened the door I let all my laughter out. Alice was on the floor, and as she said, she was laughing like a maniac.

"You okay there mate" I asked concerned for her health as she began choking and laughing at the same time.

"Ye-yeah, it's just th-there, fa-faces" She said before bursting into a laughing fit on the floor. I collapsed beside her and laughed to. Sirius eventually joined us and we were all snorting around laughing on the floor. Remus stood in the doorway trying to hide a grin but we soon got him laughing, Peter came up last and buried his face in his bed to conceal his laughter. My chest began to get gradually sore and all our laughter died down. This is what friends do together. They Laugh, prank and die with each other happy people. I was lucky to have four great friends. One a new friend and three old friends. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is. The Marauders prank with Alice. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will attempt to update as fast as I can. No promises.

Thanks again,

7Justdealwithit7