Finding out the Heads

I had returned to the castle as I wanted to spend some time with the teachers before the year was to begin. I bounded up to Dad as he was walking to the great hall.

"Who're the heads?" I asked bluntly.

"You're not allowed to know yet" He said mysteriously. I had been trying for the past week to get the answer out of him but he never seemed to give it away, not even when I sprung it on him all of a sudden.

"Why not" I whined.

"Because we still haven't sent the letters out yet, it would be unfair if I told you before the two people actually found out" He said shaking his head with a smile and walking into the great hall. I decided to take a different approach and go up to McGonagall.

"Hey, Minnie" I said smiling cutely.

"Yes" She sighed turning to face me.

"Dad told me who the heads are, what are your opinions on the choices" I said. I was hoping to get the answer out of her by pretending to know it already. I had no such luck.

"Oh? He told you did he? Then you'd be excited" she said raising her eyebrows. "If he had told you I would believe you might be jumping around the castle screaming out the names"

"But I am happy for them" I said trying harder.

"Well, good for you, now go get some food to eat" She said turning back to the work she was doing. I huffed sitting down and crossing my arms. The letters were supposed to go out tomorrow which was to long for me to wait. I ate quickly before jumping from my seat and jumping out the hall and from the castle. I tripped and tumbled down the hill rolling down until I reached the bottom. I laid at the bottom to catch my breath. I'd just have to distract myself for one more day before I could finally find out if any of my friends had become the heads.

---

Dumbledore P.O.V

I had told Alice that the letters were going out tomorrow when in actual fact, we had released them earlier this morning. Myself and all the teachers agreed that it would be better for the heads to tell Alice themselves. We made sure that Snowy went to go and get their responses and drop them off meaning we know had them both.

I tied the letters to Snowys leg and she immediately flew off to travel the small distance Alice had run to. Now to wait.

---

Alice P.O.V

I was lying comfortably in the grass when my dragon Snowy flew up to me and landed beside me.

"Hey Snowy" I said quietly patting her head. "Has Dad told you who the heads are?" I asked getting no response until Snowy stuck her leg out to reveal two letters. I untied them to find one from James and one from Lily.

"Wonder what they want" I muttered opening Lily's letter first, my eyes widening as I read,

Hey Alice,

Guess what? I GOT HEAD GIRL!

I'm so excited, can you please thank the teachers for me, this is something i've always wanted. I couldn't believe it when I saw my letter and the badge fell out.

I can't wait to see you for a new school year and I hope your doing good,

Lily Evans. <3

I was about to go up and kill Dad for telling me the wrong date before I remembered James' letter. My eyes widened as a thought came to my head. 'It's can't be him'

I ripped open the letter and opened it quickly.

I GOT IT!

One, How in merlin's beard did I get head boy,

Two, Why in the world did the teacher all agree, I mean, i'm not exactly the best student that walked the halls (Kidding, i'm the greatest),

Three, I wanna know who head girl is, DO YOU KNOW CAUSE IF YOU DO YOU BETTER TELL ME

I was going to ask you to thank the teachers on my behalf and tell them how greatly I appreciate their support in my role at the school but I might do that myself.

I'm excited to see you again, so is Remus and Sirius, I haven't heard from Pete in a while but i'm sure he's feeling just the same,

James Potter (Eg. The best, greatest and most amazing person to walk this earth)

I sat on the floor in silence before I stood up and ran into the castle sprinting straight to the bridge. I had found out when I first came here that the bridge was a good place if you wanted to say something and get a lot of people to hear it.

"ONE" I yelled, "YOU GUYS ARE ALL RUDE, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU SENT THE LETTERS OUT TODAY, TWO, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, JAMES' HEAD IS BLOATED ENOUGH WITHOUT THE ROLE OF HEAD BOY, I MEAN, LILY'S A GREAT CHOICE YEAH, BUT JAMES? YOU SERIOUS?" I screamed before running off again, all the excitement of my two friends being head's coming out in a sudden burst of energy.

"JAMES AND LILY ARE HEADS, JAMES AND LILY ARE HEADS" I chanted skipping through the halls, cupping my hands around my mouth to make my yelling louder.

"Alice, calm down would you, i'm trying to work" Minnie said sticking her head out the door.

"You expect me to be calm about this?" I said with wide eyes, "Maybe I would've been calmer if you had've forewarned me my two friends were heads" I exclaimed.

"Well, i'm aware you're happy but the teachers are trying to work" She said rolling her eyes.

"Wait, you were open to the idea of James being head?" I asked suddenly realising McGonagall allowed James to become a head.

"I mean, if you have a bet on two students getting together by seventh year you might as well start them off on the right direction" She said giving a rare smile before shutting the door and leaving me alone.

"The teachers are so odd" I said shaking my head before walking off down the hall. They were so weird.