Love Potions

As the school year came closer to the end we found the workload becoming increasingly more difficult. We tried to not let this get to us though as we still managed to find ways to entertain ourselves when everything become boring.

We sat in the last class for the week. Double potions. All of my friends had managed to get into the class making it interesting. Professor Slughorn definitely didn't see James, Sirius and Peter getting into the class but decided as they were the least talented students in the class (Which was saying something as they were fairly good) to pair them with students of higher talent in the class.

Today he decided we were finally ready to begin brewing Love Potions, something we had been researching the theory of for a while. This brought the excitement in the class up but that mood changed when Professor Slughorn said he would be pairing everyone up.

"Alice and Remus" Professor Slughorn called out. I smiled happily and swapped seats with Peter. Sirius was paired with a random Ravenclaw who obviously liked him a lot. He sat uncomfortably next to her turning around in his chair to mouth 'help' to James who was seated further back in the classroom. James just quietly laughed to himself.

"Lily and James" Slughorn yelled into the classroom to reach over all the noise from people shuffling around seats. Immediately Remus and I made eye contact. It was evident Slughorn had purposely put the two together to see if something could be achieved. I had been told by Dad that the teachers had a bet about the status of James and Lily before they left the school. Many of the teachers believed they would be together and were working behind the scenes to get the two to become at least friends.

"But Sir..." Lily began to argue against the seating plan.

"No arguing please Miss Evans" He said calling out the last pair before placing the paper he was reading from down on the table. I flipped to the page titled Love Potions and gave my book to Remus so he could go and get the ingredients.

We started our potion quickly and halfway through the lesson the classroom was fairly silent aside from a few people making quiet conversation with their partner. Sirius was the most quiet I had ever heard him. The girl beside him was attempting conversation but it sounded more like a poor attempt to flirt with Sirius. It was almost as though she was talking to a brick wall though as Sirius payed her no attention, only talking when he needed an ingredient or to ask her if she was finished cutting something.

James and Lily were also talking. Well not exactly, there was more arguing than talking in their conversation.

"Will you pay attention to the potion Potter, it doesn't help when your in your own little dream state" Lily snapped waving her hand energetically in front of James' face. This abrupt movement caused James to accidentally knock over some of their ingredients.

"See, look what you've done now" Lily said fuming.

"You're the one that scared me" James retaliated.

"Yeah, and you were the one not paying attention to the work" Lily argued back. I sighed quietly rolling my eyes.

"Whats happening, are James and Lily at it again, I swear they never shut up" Remus said quietly putting another ingredient into the potion. I laughed quietly.

"They honestly argue over the most pointless things" I said shaking my head.

---

As we neared the end of the lesson a large growl came from the opposite side of the room.

"You're really not helping me concentrate Potter" Lily said rubbing her forehead angrily. James spun on the spot to face her.

"What have I done, you're the one that keeps snapping at me, do you want me to help or not" He said with an angry flare in his voice. I covered my mouth with my hand to muffle the sound of my laughter.

"The amount of deodorant you're wearing could kill someone Potter, it's no wonder i've got a headache" She said loudly. Everyone around the classroom was smirking and I turned to look at Remus who looked as though he was trying to suppress his laughter. The two were completely unaware that the classroom had gone completely silent to listen to them.

"You can't speak, your perfume is overwhelming, I wouldn't be surprised if you sprayed yourself with an entire perfume factory" James said. By this point I was quietly dying on the floor in a complete laughing fit. I looked up just in time to see the two suddenly release that the entire class was staring at them knowing that they both didn't use that much perfume or deodorant. They both turned a dark shade of red making my lose it completely.

Sirius was also losing it repeatedly hitting his head against the table as he laughed at his friend. Marlene and Alice had managed to keep it together but it looked like they were straining to stop themselves from laughing. Peter was silently laughing in the corner and Remus was holding back his laughter with a strained smile.

After the very eventful class James and Lily both couldn't look each other in the eye without blushing a deep shade of red and immediately turning away.

Of course the news travelled quickly around the school giving everyone a good laugh. There was only one person who took the news with a sour face and that was Severus Snape. It was clear he hated the idea of Lily loving James as it was clear he loved her himself. Whenever someone mentioned the news around him he scowled angrily and stalked off.

This became a fun activity for Sirius who would constantly use it if he wanted to sit somewhere Snape was. It looked like the term was going to end on a good note but things became increasingly awkward between the two groups.

James began to enjoy the fame using it to do many different pranks and increase his school popularity. Lily, however, did not go so well. Due to her initial hate of James people began to pull it up in conversation as she walked past.

"Why would she like James Potter, I thought she hated him"

"Has she been lying this whole time about disliking Potter"

"Why would she lie about that"

All of this filled her up with a lot of pent up anger and that resulted in her snapping at several girls for giggling about it in the corridors.

"I really don't see why this is such an interesting topic, it's not like we're in an actual relationship" She said rolling her eyes and huffing angrily as a bunch of third-year girls began pointing to her and giggling.

"They're really annoying too, it's as though giggling will help them achieve something" She complained to us slamming her books down on the great hall table to do homework instead of eating.

"You'll just have to get used to it" I muttered quietly.

---------------

Hi all,

I apologise for the lack of chapters. I went on holidays with my family and now school is back.

I'm thinking of skipping through several months to progress the book a little further. It shouldn't be too many months or too many skips through the year but it becomes increasingly boring having so much of the same stuff repeated due to lack of ideas.

This chapter is a little bit short. I can't promise they will get larger or be put out more frequently but I will try my best.

I also have another book series up for those of you that don't know. It is a Harry Potters twin sister series and I will be including Alice in the fourth book (The one I'm currently writing). If you like Alice as a character you can read that one to see some more stuff about her but from my 'HP Twin sister Lyla's perspective.

Thank you for reading and voting on my book. I really appreciate all the support I have gotten on it.

7Justdealwithit7