Back to school

I was sitting on the train beside Sirius and Remus with Peter in the corner beside James who was beside Lily opposite us. Marlene and Alice were meeting us at the school as they were both being dropped of at Hogsmeade by Marlene's father. Lily had, as expected, received two very long letters with both 'I told you so' and 'finally' written at some point throughout. Both letters showed no signs of upset or annoyance however, even if both friends might have been slightly shocked to be receiving the letter after the countless years of yelling and ranting on Lily's behalf.

"I'm so excited to see Marlene and Alice, I feel like the two weeks holiday has been too much time away from them" Lily said whilst patting her dog which was resting sleepily in her lap after having been woken up too early. Lily, Marlene and Alice decided to bring their dogs for the last few months of their schooling years before they would be finished at Hogwarts. They would also act as a break from the studying for the NEWTS.

"Oh no, I was perfectly fine spending the holidays without Marlene screaming in my ear about her missing socks" I said watching as Lily laughed lightly and James continued staring at her.

"Hey Padfoot" I whispered.

"Yeah" He whispered back.

"Is there any way we can get Prongs to stop staring at Lily" I said laughing slightly.

"Probably not" He shrugged rolling his eyes.

"Oh well" I said also shrugging before tuning into the conversation Lily and Remus were having.

---

We had just finished the ride up to the hall and were making our way into the great hall with the other crowds of students coming back from holidays.

"I'm just going to say hi to my Dad and i'll find you guys after" I said, the others nodding and going off in search of Marlene and Alice. I skipped, like usual, up to the teachers table and jumped around it going to give my dad a hug.

"How were your holidays?" I asked grinning brightly.

"I gained a good amount of new socks so i'm fairly happy about that, your ones still are always the most comfortable though" He said making me laugh. "And what about you?"

"I had a very enjoyable holidays, and boy do I have news for the teachers" I said smirking as he raised his eyebrows curiously. "That news you will have to wait for though, i'm sure it won't take you long to figure out" I smiled cheekily waving slightly as I walked back around the table and skipped down to the Gryffindor table seeking my friends. I was surprised to find them sitting altogether around the end of the table and speaking as one large group.

'Theres a first for everything I guess' I thought to myself bringing myself over to the group and being gestured over by Remus to sit beside him, something that happened everytime we had dinner together.

"ALI" Marlene and Alice yelled together, Marlene yelling in my ear as she was directly beside me.

"Hello to you both" I said rubbing my ear.

"How was your holiday?" Alice asked from over the table.

"Very good, it was a wonderful christmas" I said smiling brightly once again.

"Hey Marl's, why don't you tell Ali that thing you were telling me about" Lily said putting her head on her chin. I turned to Marlene as she turned bright red.

"Whats this Marlene, i've never seen this reaction from you before" I smirked watching as she turned a darker shade of red.

"I-its really no-nothing" She stuttered looking down at the table.

"I don't think nothing would get you like this" I said watching her expectantly. She sighed deeply before facing me with a completely serious face.

"I... I got a boyfriend" She said turning back to the table. I stared at her wide eyed before laughing and giving her a massive hug.

"Thats amazing Marl's" I said giving her a reassuring smile. "I'm sure he's a gentlemen"

"He is"

"Well, look at that, everyone's getting together with people, hurry up Sirius you seem to be falling behind a bit" I said smirking in his direction.

"Don't rush me, i'm supposed to be free, not constrained in a relationship" he said flicking his hair over his shoulder as it had finally grown long enough to go past his shoulders.

"You don't have to be constrained in a relationship silly" I scoffed reaching over Remus and giving him a light shove. Before he could retaliate our attention was called by McGonagall.

"Welcome back to all the students that left over the christmas holidays, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and good new year" My Dad said as he stood and McGonagall sat back down.

"We have some very exciting news to share, for the remainder of the year we will be opening our doors to five students, three from Durmstrang and two from Beauxbatons. We hope you can accept them willingly, they are all in seventh year and have finished there end of year exams so they are here to experience different school life" He said. Everyone in the hall began to whisper amongst themselves.

"I'm offended" I said to the group.

"Why?" Lily asked.

"Because Dad never once mentioned this to me" I said faking offence. The group laughed before the hall was told to quiet again.

"To get the full Hogwarts experience, they have been sorted into the four houses so I hope you will welcomed them all with open arms, that will be all, bon appetite" He said smiling and sitting back down.

"Woah, new students, I hope they're really cool" James said.

"Hey, maybe Sirius will finally get the girlfriend he's been looking for" I smirked. I felt a harsh tap on my back and turned to Sirius rubbing it painfully.

"He hit me" I said to Remus pouting.

"Oh my, how did you figure that out?" Remus responded sarcastically.

"Sometimes I feel like you boys are ganging up against me" I said looking down at the table whilst still pouting seeing all the boys smirk from the corner of my eye. "So rude" I muttered under my breath.

"Pardon love" Remus said facing me.

"Nothing, nothing" I murmured busying myself with the food.

"Sure" He said back also turning to the food.