Shopping in Diagon Alley

I had been dropped off in Diagon Alley as I was meeting up with the guys to buy our new school equipment. Lily said she was coming today so I organised for all the guys to come on the same day. I was very excited to see what James' reaction would be when he found Lily was in fact the head girl. I said my farewells to McGonagall before walking off in search of my friends.

"SNOWY" A loud voice yelled in my ear making me jump around. Sirius was standing there with his usual smirk. I rolled my eyes and gave him a hug as greeting.

"You didn't have to scare me Padfoot" I pouted giving him a look.

"Well, the amazing opportunity was too good to miss" He said smiling at me, his face showing no remorse.

"Have you seen the others?" I asked curiously looking around. Sirius nodded his head and pointed over to the robe shop.

"They're in there, Remus and Peter both grew about two inches over the holidays and James ruined his robes last year, Mum said he can't have ripped robes as head boy" Sirius said happily grinning. I nodded before he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the shop just as the three other guys walked out.

"Snowy" James greeted happily giving me a quick one sided hug as one of his arms was occupied by two large plastic bags.

"Hey James, well done by the way, i'm extremely happy for you" I said clapping for him. He gave a fake bow with a smirk that equally matched Sirius'. Peter gave me an awkward hug and I noted his very jumpy state and pale stature.

"Hey Ali" Remus said embracing me in a warm hug, kissing me quickly before the other guys could 'Awwww' at us and give us heart hands like usual.

"So, are we going to go?" James said as his Mum walked out from the robes shop. I smiled greeting her quickly.

"Ok, you can all go off and buy everything you need, meet me back here in two hours, alright?" She asked us all. I nodded smiling at her. She returned it with one of her warm smiles before waving us off.

I followed Sirius and James who were skipping merrily down the street. Peter walked beside us looking around every so often and Remus walked beside me, our hands interlocked, swinging back and forth gently.

"You guys are slow, hurry up" Sirius whined as yet again, James and himself had stopped to wait for us to catch up.

"You're the ones that are going to quickly" I corrected him as we arrived at our first shop. We all stocked back up on potions ingredients before walking up and paying for them.

We continued to walk around buying everything we needed when we got to the shop until we got to the bookstore. I jumped excitedly as did Remus beside me.

"Look at you two, getting all excited over books" A female voice said from behind us. I turned around to see Lily smiling happily at us. I jumped up and pulled her into a hug.

"You're excited to see me" She said laughing and returning the hug.

"Well, its been awhile since i've seen you" I replied looking at her and pouting once again. "And i'm also very excited because your a head and I haven't gotten to formally congratulate you"

"I know, I was really happy when I got it, I wanna know who the boy head is though" She said looking at me curiously.

"Well, I can help you with that" I said smirking at her before turning to look over my shoulder.

"Prongs" I yelled. James immediately flipped around and upon spotting Lily ruffled his hair slightly and confidently walked over.

"Whats up Snowy" He said whilst still keeping his eye on Lily who was standing fairly awkwardly beside me now.

"You gonna break the news to each other" I said stepping backwards as James turned to face Lily and she looked at him with wide eyes, raising her eyebrows.

"You're not telling me that Potter's head" She said disbelievingly. I nodded smiling.

"I am head" He said proudly. Lily shook her head looking at James with her wide eyes.

"I have to work with Potter for the entire year" She said turning away from him and looking over at me. I nodded smiling at her.

"First step to being heads together, get on first name basis, you can't live your entire year calling each other by last names" I said looking between the two. "I'll leave you to talk for a bit, meanwhile, I have books to go and look at" I said skipping happily away and into the bookstore. I found Remus looking over some books for extra reading.

"Here, I got you the books you'll need for the year" He said handing me a pile of books that rested on one of his arms. I took them gratefully with a small, 'Thanks Remmy'.

"Look at all the cool books" I said running a finger over the spines of all the books on the middle shelf.

"This is a good book" He said picking one of them up and showing it to me. "I bought it last year"

"Yeah, I think i'll have to steal that from you some time, but, for now i'm just gonna buy these books and come back another time for more" I said smiling happily and striding up to the desk placing the books on the table.

"Just these ones?" The women at the counter asked.

"Yes thank you" I responded politely before purchasing the books shortly followed by Remus. We both walked out together as Sirius and Peter had bought their books quickly, keen to get out of the store.

"You guys have terrible social skills, you know that right" I said walking up to them as I saw them all joking along with a very disgruntled Lily. I pushed Sirius to the side.

"Thank Merlin a sane person is here" Lily exclaimed rolling her eyes.

"I'm very sane thank you very much" Sirius complained looking at Lily.

"You're the least sane out of them all Black" She said rolling her eyes again before turning back to me.

"Mum said I have to go quickly but i'll see you at school ok" She said hugging me quickly again. I nodded pouting slightly as she waved and walked off.

"I'm going to take a guess and assume you did not get on first name basis with her James" I asked raising my eyebrows at him. I looking down shaking his head no.

"I knew it"

---

Wow, look who finally decided to update.

That's right, your eyes aren't deceiving you, this was a new chapter. It's been like eighteen days since I last updated so you finally don't have to wait any longer.

Hope you enjoyed,

7Justdealwithit7