Anamagi

-Alice-

I was skipping down the hall beside James and Sirius as we headed for our last class for the day. Just before we entered I looked over to see Snape sitting down with his friends and Aten. He had clung to a group quickly then. I smirked.

"Ahh, if it isn't Snivellus" James said following my line of vision.

"And Malfoy" I sneered. I rolled my eyes and turned away from them who by now how realised we were looking at them. They were all giving us the finger and I wasn't ready to deal.

"Lets just go" Sirius said striding into the room.

"I'm not in the mood to deal with them" He said sighing.

"Well, neither am I so lets get in the presence of a teacher" I said sitting down in the back row. Sirius was in the middle and James sat on the opposite side. Snape walked in and sneered at us sitting down in the only other empty chair directly in front of Sirius.

S - Damn Snivellus sitting on front of me

Sirius wrote onto the small piece of parchment that sat before me. I had managed, with the help of Remus to enchant five pieces of paper to relay a message if written on to every other person. It would also put the first letter of the writer's first name before the sentence.

P - Sucker

S - Hey, don't be mean, I have to see his greasy head for a full lesson

A - Suck it up princess

S - Ali, how could you be so mean, I thought we were friends

I gave turned to him and rolled my eyes. At that moment the teacher walked up and looked down at our paper, she stared before walking on. I had also managed to make it so it looked like badly written notes when anyone but the owner looked at it. The class went like that for a while until the teacher came around again.

J - Close call, I thought the teacher was going to ask us what our notes said, remember when McGonagall said that

A - Of course we do James, it was last session

J - Still, some people have terrible memory, *Cough, cough, Sirius*

S - Is it pick on Sirius day, I don't remember doing anything to hurt your feelings

J - Sorry Padfoot, just stating the truth

I looked over to see Sirius glaring at James and nudged him on the shoulder making him flip around quickly and glare at me instead. I motioned my head towards the clock showing him we had exactly five minutes to the end of class.

S - Five minute, yes yes, five more minutes

A - I forgot to mention, i'm having dinner with the girls tonight, we need to discuss something highly important, i'll see you guys again tomorrow

R - Night

S - Night

J - Night

P - Night

I tucked the paper into my pocket and packed everything into my bag quickly. We were dismissed and I waved to James and Sirius before leaving the classroom. I sped walked down to the hall before I bumped into someone.

"Sorry" I muttered before growling when I looked up. "Take that back, i'm not sorry" I said straight to the face of Aten.

"Yeah, well, i'm not sorry either" He sneered.

"Well, I have somewhere to be, if you'll excuse me" I sped around him and walked off down the hall. I fled into the hall and immediately spotted the easily recognisable hair of Lily. I placed my stuff down and sat beside Marlene.

"Took your time didn't you" Alice said rolling her eyes in the process. I playfully glared at her before getting them all in a huddle. We were planning on turning them into animagi the night back but they were having some trouble getting a place to do it. Unfortunately, our dorm room was not a very trustworthy place to become animals, i've heard the first transformation is fairly uncomfortable and maybe a touch painful, depending on the animal.

"Okay, we should be able to do it in the room of Requirement, it just means sneaking around a bit" I said giving a pointed look towards Lily. "Some of us might not be that comfortable with sneaking around but it's the only plan I have"

"Why are you giving me that look, I can be rebellious to, especially if it's for a friend" Lily said glaring lightly at me. I sat back.

"It's sorted, we'll do it after dinner, let's finish quickly to get out of here, and make it look natural" I said eating the chicken I had put on my plate. Lily finished first shortly followed by Alice and then myself.

"Done" Marlene said several minutes later pushing her plate ahead of her slightly.

"Great then, walk from the hall casually and then we can be a bit sneaky" I said hauling my bag onto my back and stepping over the chair. I walked from the hall followed by Lily, Marlene and Alice.

"Quick, follow me quickly and quietly" I said leading the way. This is where my werewolf senses come into play. The girls kept quiet as I listened for any noise, but nothing came, the halls were silent.

"Okay, here we are" I said pacing back and forth across the wall on the sixth floor.

We need a place to transform

A door began to materialise into the wall and I heard the silent gasps of the girls. I opened the door and let Alice, Lily and Marlene into the room. I looked for myself and saw a large empty room with plenty of floor space.

"Great, well, who's first" Lily said happily. Everyone's eyes went to Marlene. She of course had the coolest of patronus', Hers was a beautiful pitch black dog. It much resembled Sirius' patronus and I had a faint feeling it was.

"Just remember, just because your patronus is something does not mean your animagus will be the same, take mine for example" I said. They all knew that my patronus was a Phoenix but my animagus was a dog.

"Okay, let's do this" Marlene said positioning herself in the centre of the room. With a small 'pop' She began twisting and turning. She shrunk down and grew fur, growing paws in the process. I stared at the beautiful grey wolf sitting in the middle of the room. She began bouncing around excitedly.

"Brilliant job" I cheered as Marlene turned back and walked off to the side of the room as her position was replaced by Alice.

"Ok" She said breathing before I saw her lips move soundlessly and feathers begin to sprout on her and she shrunk. I the blink of an eye a majestic owl sat before us on the floor. Alice's owl was pitch black, dark as the night, she had a small white spot on the tip of her tail however.

"Wow" Alice said turning back to herself.

"Lily's turn" Marlene cheered turning to a very nervous looking Lily. She looked as though she might be sick.

"Come on Lil's, you can do this, it's not that bad" Alice encouraged. I kept my mouth shut as I wasn't in the brightest of moods for them to be doing this for me.

"Ok, i'll do it, wish me luck" She said standing in the centre of the room. Lily took a deep breath before the spell began and she shrunk down to the floor. her transformation was faster than the other girls and before we knew it a brown doe was standing before us. I smiled as she transformed back.

"How'd I do" She asked.

"Brilliantly" Alice, Marlene and I chorused.

"Operation, 'we're changing' is complete" Marlene said sitting back into a chair that had just appeared. We all followed her actions and Alice sighed contently.

"I'm so proud" She said smiling happily.

"So am I, so am I" I responded. Maybe at last I had friends who could actually help me in the long run.